Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kerri Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Kidney stones
    My friend has kindney stones,can anyone help me with a treatment for them?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Can you get a copy of Kevin Trudeau's book, "Natural Cures"? If not, there are some natural cures, but I cannot speak if they really work. See the following:
    New Choices in Natural Healing Kidney Stones
    Kidney Stones, Renal Stones Natural Herbal Cure, Home Remedies, Lifestyle, Rencare Capsules
    Gallstone removal, kideny stone removal and gallbladder flush

But with all natural cures there is a caveat. Please speak to your doctor, as kidney stones usually end up being treated by a doctor, with medication.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
    My husband has had them twice. He was taken to the hospital both times and given medicine to break them up, so that he could pass them. If your friend has these then the friend will probably have to seek medical attention because they can cause blockage and create more problems for your friend. His dr. told him to not take a lot of rolaids or tums because of the calcium... he used to take them a lot but switched to a different antacid. He was also told to drink mostly water and some cranberry juice, but to stay away from caffeine and a lot of milk products. Tell your friend to go to the Dr. asap

Jun 23, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    My husband has had them twice. he was taken to the hospital both times and given medicine to break them up, so that he could pass them. If your friend has these then the friend will probably have to seek medical attention because they can cause blockage and create more problems for your friend. His dr. told him to not take alot of rolaids or tums because of the calcium...he used to take them alot but switched to a different antacid. He was also told to drink mostly water and some cranberry juice, but to stay away from caffeine and a lot of milk products. Tell your friend to go to the Dr. asap
    Thank you for your reply. My friend did go to the doctors but the stones are'nt coming out. She is drinking a lot of water and several people told her to drink a couple of beers daily to pervent it happening again but they want come out and she doesn't want the doctor to take them out she's scared.

Jun 23, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Can you get a copy of Kevin Trudeau's book, "Natural Cures"? If not, there are some natural cures, but I cannot speak if they really work. See the following:
    New Choices in Natural Healing Kidney Stones
    Kidney Stones, Renal Stones Natural Herbal Cure, Home Remedies, Lifestyle, Rencare Capsules
    Gallstone removal, kideny stone removal and gallbladder flush

But with all natural cures there is a caveat. Please speak to your doctor, as kidney stones usually end up being treated by a doctor, with medication.
    Thank you
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Did they not give her medication to take?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Unfortunately this is usually a natural process, albeit a painful one. If nature does not take it's course medical intervention is a necessity.

Yes your friend must stay away from Tums and Rolaids, as was indicated above. You see many stones, kidney and gall included are formed by excessive calcium in the system.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 08:20 PM
    j9 what about milk products?
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Very good question bushg!!

You see calcium products in combination with caffeine products are what aid in calcium buildup. Such as ice cream and ice tea... Milk and Pepsi (Old Lavergne and Shirley show there).

However, stones, whether gall or kidney are somewhat hereditary also.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 08:46 PM
    j9 dr.s give instruction but not always the reasons. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Most of my family members have had their gall bladders removed I kept mine the longest at 42, my niece had hers removed at age 23. I thoght it was due to being over weight but even the skinny members have had theirs removed:)
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Heredity at it's best ;)

Jun 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    did they not give her medication to take?
    No, they just gave her pain pills.

Jun 24, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Very good question bushg!!!!

You see calcium products in combination with caffeine products are what aid in calcium buildup. Such as ice cream and ice tea........ Milk and Pepsi (Old Lavergne and Shirley show there).

However, stones, whether gall or kidney are somewhat hereditary also.
    Yep,it runs in her family.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerri
    No, they just gave her pain pills.
    My husband must have really been carrying on lol they admitted him both times and ran an I.V. with meds. It also happened when our son happened to be in the hospital with kidney problems, so I had 2 in the hospital of course I staed with my son. Btw the problems are unrelated.
    CamMo22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 07:22 PM
    My boyfriend passed his kidney stones by drinking 2oz fresh lemon juice + 2 oz olive oil --
    You can also use apple juice & olive oil. He just kept drinking it every hour until they passed.He believes if you're prone to developing stones (or have had them more than once) it's a good idea to drink this olive oil + lemon or apple juice everyday. He's never used tums or any of those things - and his doctor suggested taking more magnesium to help assimilate the calcium. Check out Dr. Mercola's site! -- another good practice he's done is the Master Cleanse -- you can Google it.
    dragon17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Comment on bushg's post
    Hell no

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tonsil stones [ 15 Answers ]

Hi! I have had tonsil stones for a couple years now. They have only within the past year gotten all too fairly common. I have mastered the art of removing them with a q-tip. But I was wondering if anyone could offer a way to PREVENT them from forming. Thanks!

Kidney stones [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any home remedies for dissolving or aiding in the passage of kidney stones, other than drinking lots of water? noboat

What is stones in pounds [ 1 Answers ]

What is 10 stone in pounds?

Kidney Stones? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom had severe pain in her back a while ago and went to the doctor. She was diagnosed with Kidney stones. There was blood in her urine but she didn't really have any tests. The doctor just diagnosed her. And the pain would be gone one day and back the next. But now she has no pain at all...

Kidney stones? [ 2 Answers ]

HI, Just hoping for help with problem my mom is having. She's been experiencing some weird symptoms lately, but her doctor won't give her an appt. for several weeks. But my mom is still worried about what is causing them. THe last week or so she has been having severe "charlie horse" cramps in...

View more questions Search