Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kollette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Restaurant investors
    I have started a Greek catering business/Restaurant which also sells Greek Pastries. I presently am selling my products at local markets and working out of a rented kitchen. I did not realize the response I would receive and did not realize how big of a demand there is for the products in which I sell. I sell out ever time and I can not keep up with the demand.the problem I am having is people want to know where I am located and they have been wanting a great greek food restaurant in the Portland Oregon area. I come from Chicago and I know the possibilities out on the west coast are endless especially with the population expecting to increase by 1.2 million by 2010. So my question is where would I begin to find an investor or venture group willing to listen and how do I approach an investor to help fund and back opening a restaurant & location and do it right from the beginning. Thanks in advance for your answers

Kollette
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Have you looked into a direct loan, and if that fails a small business adm loan.

Sadly restaurants are amount the highest failure rates in small business.
    About 80 to 90 percent fail by their second year, so investors are harder to find, But if you show your current customer base, and have a good business plan written up, you will have a much better chance.
    brunello27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kollette
    I have started a Greek catering business/Restaurant which also sells Greek Pastries. I presently am selling my products at local markets and working out of a rented kitchen. i did not realize the response i would receive and did not realize how big of a demand there is for the products in which i sell. I sell out ever time and i can not keep up with the demand.the problem i am having is people want to know where i am located and they have been wanting a great greek food restaurant in the Portland Oregon area. I come from Chicago and I know the possibilities out on the west coast are endless especially with the population expecting to increase by 1.2 million by 2010. So my question is where would i begin to find an investor or venture group willing to listen and how do i approach an investor to help fund and back opening a restaurant & location and do it right from the beginning. Thanks in advance for your answers

Kollette
    The single most important move you can make is to find the 'rarified true consultant', in the risky, subjective and tumultuous restaurant business - even if you are doing a franchise or fast-food. I have found Invest Dining Solutions through some serious contacts I made by networking in the industry. It is based in New York City. Anyone without any past experience, or for everyone who is currently flailing, there is no other option if you plan to stay in business or be in business in the near future.
    Everyone is looking for, restaurant investors, so it takes seed capital from you/friends and family to approach IDS to develop a business model and concept in order to have any chance from the beginning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for restaurant investors. [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I have started a limited-service restaurant and we're currently looking for investors, but it's been hard. I don't want to pay a few grand to go in front of some angel capitalists. Any suggestions?

Investors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not quite ready to publish my book just yet. Maybe within the next few months. But I've heard a writer should have an investor. I've never heard of that. Then again I don't know how publishing works to be honest. Do I need an investor? And how does publishing normally work? Sheesh, or...

Restaurant cleanig [ 1 Answers ]

How to charge for cleaning restaurant ,also cleaning carpet in restaurant

Wendy's restaurant [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope you could help me by answering my question. Thanks My questions is: if you eat in wendy's, then if you can be kind and tell me what do you eat in break fast, lunch, and dinner in wendy's... Please cause I am doing a group presentation so I need some answers... and if you know...

Mongolian Restaurant [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going for a Mongolian meal with some work mates, I love trying something new but I have never tried Mongolian food anybody tried it what is it like:D :D

View more questions Search