Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoveHound Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Do you know this painting?
    When I was in Dublin last summer I saw a man drawing on the pavement. I'd never seen anyone do it, and I thought it was so cool. He was copying from a painting. It was a young lady on a boat. She had a little parasol with her, if I'm not mistaken, and I also think she was wearing a hat. There was a dog with her too. The background was a quiet little river and some trees.

I know that's vague, and it could be just about a million different paintings, but I would really like to have that picture - if only to remember that particular moment in my holidays. Can you help? I've tried looking everywhere. Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 04:10 PM
    You could Google french impressionists.
    LoveHound Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, tickle. I just did that, and from the results I got I believe I can say it was definitely not french impressionism.

The pictures Google showed me were in a "blurred" style. The picture the guy was copying was a lot more realistic, I guess you could say. I know squat about art, so please excuse me for being vague. But thanks again for answering
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 6, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Look up the paintings of george seurat. This spelling may not be correct. Art school was a long time ago. For other artists try velazquez, rembrandt, degas and rousseau. Titian did beautiful work as well.
    mango7777 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
    The one Artist that came to mind at the moment was Renoir. I love Impressionist as well as others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting, swedish [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find information on a swedish painting by edward bergh? It of cows , jerseys, walking on a path through the woods near a lake

Painting [ 3 Answers ]

What causes new paint to peel of the wall

Painting [ 3 Answers ]

Can I apint on treated wood?

Painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting that has paris etching society ny usa at the top and I believe the name is Diane Emmla Leconte. Can you tell me if she is a artist and if so how much is the painting worth?

View more questions Search