Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjack31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Divorce law
    My wife & I have been residents for 5 months in a new state, she took our son and went back to our previous residence, filed for divorce then had case dismissed and came back to current state I work in. She has other children, does not have fully custody, does not drive, has been in & out of numerous jobs, is on medication and has not been to the doctor for 8 months. Since she came back, am I able to divorce in the current state since residency is 6months for divorce, and with her status, would she get any custody besides visitation rights & whether she does or does not, would she ever be able to take the kid out of state to move or visit. If we had joint custody, would court ruled child stays in the current state, would she be able to ever take him out of state without my permission
    fightn_tha_goodfight Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
    BOY, I know how you feel, well she did have you when she left the first time and filed because of the residence law, but now she's back you can fight, take my advice and do it slow and cross every T and dot every I, for her not to have custody u would have to prove her to be a unfit mother, not in hear-say but in fact, like arrests and living conditions... etc. You want to fight for primary custody and then word your parenting plan to where she can't leave the state without written permission. U have a good grounds just don't let up and be very particular with every detail, Ur children are counting on you. And fight the good fight son...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce Law [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in the middle of a nasty divorce from my ex wife. The house that we lived in for 15 years was given to both of us as a wedding present from her parents who are both still alive. Both our names are on the deeds and we have a small mortgage on it which was used to clear off some debts...

Divorce law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in mass with my husband for 14 yrs but married 4 years. We have 3 children but he does not add my name on the house which is paid for. If I get dirvoce what is me tittle to have? What about the house situation?

Arkansas divorce law [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what is Arkansas state law about divorce matter. How long a marriage should continue before spouse is eligible for half of the property.

View more questions Search