Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracyg12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Pool switch problems
    I have an above ground 24 by 24 pool. Today my on and off switch will not turn on. It moves in a circular motion now and normally in goes left to right. I have a sand filter, the housing unit says dough boy on it. I brought the house a few months ago and the previous owner didn't have the book. The pool is only 2 years old. I am having a hard time finding someone to look at my pool and filter. Help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 09:31 AM
    It may work up and down now. I would turn power off, Secure locknut to switch, and orient
    How it needs to be. Up is on, and down off, unless otherwise marked.
    Should have experience with electricity.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
    I agree with stratmando. The problem, from your description, sounds to be with the switch itself for your pump. Unless you have confidence with turning off the power and repairing the switch (or replacing if need be) then you need to hire someone to look at this for you.

It is hard to find a swimming pool contractor right now as the beginning of summer is a very busy time. You may have better luck trying to find an electrician instead of a pool contractor as the problem sounds likely to be with your switch. An electrician should be able to make short work of this problem for you, and there are generally more electricians around than pool contractors.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirl pool washer spin problems [ 3 Answers ]

My direct drive whirl pool washer will only spin during the spin cycle when it is empty, if there are clothes in the washer it will not spin at all. First I thought it was the clutch, so ended up replacing the clutch, the coupler, and the pump (due to a leak). Now it does the same thing. Could...

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

Wiring a pool pump and switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a new switch to my pool pump it is a 230 volt. I have a new switch( 240v 30amp double pole single throw), but I do not know how to connect the wires. I have a red a white and a black wire and a bare wire. The is no designation on the switch as to where which wire should go...

Ceiling Fan 2 wire switch problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan, it was installed about 8 years ago. The fan has 2 pull chains, one for the light and one for the fan as well as a direction switch all located on the fan body. Recently the switch at the wall has been acting up, turning on by itself and off by itself, especially...

Wiring Timer Clock, Off /On switch to Pool Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced an underground electrical line for my pool pump. Now I'm not certain of the hookup from the main power (220)to the timer clock (also 220)into the manual off/on switch mounted in it's own box on the back of the timer box, to the pump motor. Can anyone help me here. It's a single...

View more questions Search