Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Seeking old title and author
    I am looking for the title and author of a book that I read many years ago, probably in the 60's.

The story is about a group of highly intelligent children from all over the world who were isolated from their home cultures to be brought up in a commune type of set up. I think this may have been in a location in northern Canada but am not sure.

The narrator was a journalist who's sister or friend was involved with the project.

The group had input from experts in every field of study and soon overtook the established prevailing knowledge. This made them a threat and the world leaders tried to take action to terminate the group permanently. The group had anticipated this and took evasive action by shifting their location in time.

I do hope that this story rings a bell with someone.

Thanks

David
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Jul 15, 2007, 09:28 AM
    I recently read an older Scifi book that's similar to the one you describe: To Luna with Love by HU Bevis (1971). It's about 50 highly intelligent children who are placed desperately on the moon in hopes that they can evolve and eventually return to an earth without war.

It's probably not it though... I'll keep looking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the Title who's the Author... please? [ 2 Answers ]

:o I wonder if someone could help me. I read this book whereas it told the story of a young girl(first person) who was dealing with an alcoholic Mother. She lived with Mom and Mom was all she had until her met and married. The girl( I think her name was Francesca and was called Frankie) befriended...

Name the title and author if you can [ 1 Answers ]

This book is a autobiography of a man that got caught trying to smuggle weed from Thailand to England. In this book he tells of his time he spent in various prisons in Thailand and of the incidents that happened, in one of his experiences he explains that he was in his cell and 4 cells down...

Do you now the author and song title? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember only the middle of the song: "And I wana fall through the stars Stright into your arms ..... .....feel love I hope you comprehend" Thank you for any help. :)

View more questions Search