Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animedude09 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Weird habit
    So I am 16 years old, and I have a tendency to watch shows then have the urge to go outside with a bat, and act out my own version. It is a form of releasing anger, and lets my creativity flow, but it seems a little strange. I am not ashamed by it, but very embarrassed by it. I know it has to look weird seeing this teenager outside walking in circles flipping a bat talking to himself, which is exactly what I do. So my question is that is there another way to stop doing this? I have thought very much on writing fan fics, or pursuing an acting career, but I have a brilliant mind that I don't want to waste on acting. I know how snobbish that sounds but that is what I have been told all of my life. So is there anything positive coming from this?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Are you saying acting is a waste of time. Do you know how big the acting industry. Movie, shows, broadway. There are so many things out there for actors to use an outlit. Wasting, yep sounds snobbish in deed. If you enjoy something, do it. Meaning if you like acting, make sure you get into it.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 05:56 PM
    As long as your hitting the bat against the ground or a ball I really don't see this as strange. It's physical activity and it gets the stress out as you state so as long as your not using the bat to harm anyone or anything then I don't think you should be ashamed of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is 7 and I can break her the habit to co-sleep with me [ 13 Answers ]

I cannot break this habit... When my 7 years old daughter was a baby my ex husband and I were too tired from work and we did not want to handle the "crying-crib-moments" so we let her to sleep with us, she grew up and we got divorced and now she is 7. During 4 years while single I tried so hard to...

Breaking the Habit - sleeping on my bed [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my dog - who has always slept with me - to be okay with NOT sleeping on my bed any longer? Affecting my relationship!

Bad Habit [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 bichons (both females, almost 6 yrs old) one is 21lbs and the other is about 16 lbs. The 21lb one, coco, actually lost weight, probably due from not eating. We switched food a little to see if she didn't like the previous food and that didn't work. We don't know why she hasn't been...

Horrible habit! [ 5 Answers ]

I am 34 years of age and would like to be in a loving and committed relationship. I have met approx 10 men in the past 18 months through websites and meeting in social settings, however none of them has worked out. Many of these have been first dates and chats which hasn't gone to a 2nd date. Two...

6 year old has bad chewing habit [ 2 Answers ]

My younger daughter ( who by the way just had her 6th birthday) has started chewing on things like her fingers and anything made of plastic I have to constantly tell her to take them out of her mouth and snatch them from her. I thought that was supposed to be a stage they passed when they were much...

View more questions Search