Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juschart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 10:13 PM
    What happens if I take off muffler on my truck
    I have a 1998 ford explorer SUV. I took off my muffler for better sound will it affect my motor?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
    It pretty much gets really loud.
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Jun 21, 2007, 11:14 PM
    It will be really loud and probably not in the way you want. You should check out after-market mufflers if you want your car to produce more noise.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 02:51 PM
    No affect. Maybe a little better throttle responce/milage. But what's with the noise? You really want that? Go aftermarket like above poster said. Whatever you do, leave the cat and 02 sensors alone. That WILL affect the motor.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
    A properly tuned muffler generally will give you better stop light to stop light power vs no muffler at all. It might also be illegal to run without a muffler because of the noise that it produces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 Loud Exhaust, glowing red muffler [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Recently, my JD L110's exhaust became very load, started backfiring when shut down, has a strange odor, and when I lifted the hood I noticed that the muffler and exhaust was glowing red... any ideas? Thanks!

The oil is pouring out the muffler [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? It's a Craftsman ridng mower with a 14.5hp Briggs & Stratton engine its 7 years old good up keep & never had a problem with it. One day I strted it and smoke & oil started to pour out the muffler.

The oil is pouring out the muffler [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 14.5 Hp Briggs & Stratton Mower Engine That Pours Oil Out Of The Muffler Can Someone Tell Me What's Wrong With It?

My Truck [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 04 truck, it's a beautiful truck! I love it but I don't need it and want to get something more econimical for me but I still owe 16,000 on it and for some odd reason when I take to a dealership all they tell me it is worth about 8,000. So they won't let me trade it in on something cheaper...

My Truck [ 2 Answers ]

I have A 2000 Dodge Ram1500 4x4 Extended cab. I don't really know what happened to it butall of my gauges went haywire on me. I checked all the fuses but they are OK? Any Idea what else it could Be?

View more questions Search