Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jun 21, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Watch out for squirrels
    I feed the squirrels from a hanger in my backyard tree. When I refill the feeder the chiggers eat my legs with a vengeance even though I spray a lot of bug repellent on them.

Where else can I put a squirel feeder where I can watch the little flea bags without making it easy for rats to get into? (I have a huge covered patio if that is some help.)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 11:37 PM
    I would mow the grass short all around the tree then spray for the chiggers. As far as the rats, if your not in the city, get a pellet gun and shoot them (for fun and practice) or get some cats.
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jun 21, 2007, 11:50 PM
    After reading about the other ask me help desk patron's stories about the squirrel's getting in their driers and attics I think that I am going to cut my losses and let them return to getting their food somewhere else or place it on the outskirts of my land.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
    They can be pesky. They will get into your garden and chow down. I just figure they will get 2 or 3 cabbage and countless cherry tomatoes each year. It is worth it to me so we can watch them do their acrobatic antics early every morning. If ever I saw a rat however, it would be war!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Third Watch ((NY)) [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have been watching Third Watch the t.v show based in NY for some time now, it's the one with the NYPD, FDNY etc ;) I seem not to be able to find a DVD box set :confused: just out of interest does any one know where one can be found, as it seems not stocked in the UK?? :rolleyes: Any...

Squirrels in between my roof and the ceiling walls of my Attic [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a first time home owner and I've been hearing what sounds like squirrels running across the bedrooms & bathroom ceiling. When I go in the attic there's nothing there and no way for a squirrel to get in but I hear them in the ceiling of the attic so I pound on the walls and you can hear...

Squirrels getting into attic [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, we have squirrels getting into our attic. My husband has repaired their holes several times and they just chew a hole in another place in the eave of the house. They have chewed our phone line into. Now one has tried to chew their way into the ceiling of one of the guess bedrooms. We bought...

Ground squirrels in dryer [ 5 Answers ]

Thought the cat was downstairs playing with some paper. An hour later still. An hour and a half later still... I knew there was a problem. Went downstairs and stood in front of the dryer and heard a scratching sound. Knew right away what it was, since I'd seen the cat chase a ground squirrel...

How Can I Recycle These Peanuts For Squirrels? [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have some shelled peanuts, but they are salted. Do you have any advice on how I can feed them to the squirrels, how to DESALT them? Is this possible? THANKS.

View more questions Search