Jun 21, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Who can?
    Answer this not less than 100 words

Is there a view from nowhere?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Define "nowhere"

Now there is a book called, "The View From Nowhere" by Thomas Nagel. Nagel believes
    Human beings have the unique ability to view the world in a detached way: We can think about the world in terms that transcend our own experience or interest, and consider the world from a vantage point that is, in Nagel's words, "nowhere in particular".

Is that the kind of nowhere you are talking about?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Sorry I just don't "see" it
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jun 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
    I can't see that I'm not blind.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Your just trying to find out who has time on their hands for this nonsense. How can you have view from nowhere, when you have to be some where to have a view of something, unless of course you define no where as someplace your not, and then the view would be of something you can't see but does not preclude that it is unseen, as you may have see it before, and remember it, in which case you must also define view, since whether past tense, or even future tense, you will have viewed it, so technically it would qualify it as a view, so that would or could, fit the premise of a view from no where, in the sense that since you have accepted that, no where can be any where that your not, it does not exclude any where that you've been, and are not there currently, but having been there and seen the view, it could qualify as a view from no where. I hope I've answered your queston.:)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 11:45 PM
    Once I was broke down in the Texas panhandle. Don't you tell me I've never been nowhere. From there, I could see nothing from nowhere clear to the horizon. I'm here to tell you, the view from nowhere is bleak. That Greyhound driver nearly sh!$ his pants when he found me lying in the middle of the road. He got really pissed when he could'nt get me off his bus. They had the cops remove me in Tocumcari. I got free cheese sandwiches there. I have been nowhere... it's out there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search