Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frost0234 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 06:37 PM
    My Girlfriend Doesn't Like Kissing
    Ok for some reason my girlfriend doesn't like kissing and I don't know how to handle that. To me it's the biggest sign off affection on a daily basses. She says hugs are a sign and this is true but you hug your friends. Kissing is more personal. This is kind of a stupid post I know but I'm lost. And to get it out of the way, I do make sure my breath is the best I could be when I know I'm going to be around her, I've had no problems previously, meaning I'm not a lousy kisser, and she's told me I'm not (and she's the type who would tell me if I was). I don't know what to do and its bothering me more than it should. Suggestions on how to handle it? Other ideas of affection?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:14 PM
    How old are you, how old is she?

How many guys has she kissed prior to you?

Jun 21, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Me 17
    Her 16

She's gone out w/ a few other guys before me
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Were any of those other guys bad experiences by chance?
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:41 PM
    How long before her last break up did she start seeing you?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frost0234
    Ok for some reason my girlfriend doesn't like kissing and i don't know how to handle that. to me its the biggest sign off affection on a daily basses. she says hugs are a sign and this is true but u hug your friends. kissing is more personal. this is kinda a stupid post i kno but I'm lost. and to get it out of the way, i do make sure my breath is the best i could be when i kno I'm gonna be around her, I've had no problems previously, meaning I'm not a lousy kisser, and shes told me I'm not (and shes the type who would tell me if i was). I don't know what to do and its bothering me more than it should. suggestions on how to handle it? other ideas of affection?
    You kissed this girl before but now she does not want to kiss?

Maybe she is not really with you but with somebody else? It is a possibility. I am not saying for sure, but that is the first thought in my mind.

Kissing is a major sign of affection, if this person was affectionate before and not anymore. There are problems for sure.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Do you know if she was like this with the other guys?
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:46 PM
    If she had no problem kissing other guys before you, I also think she's using you for something. Money, kindness, companionship, I can't tell you exactly what, but it's something to keep interested but without the commitment.

Jun 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Her last breakup was about 3 months before we started. In the beginning we would kiss a little and less and less and around there she told me she doesn't like it but does it anyway because she knows I like it. But she rarely does if anything. I'm pretty sure its not another guy because she's bad at keeping secrets and keeping things from me. If there was another guy id know because all her friends have huge mouths. I know she's kissed as much w/ the others as w/ me.

Jun 21, 2007, 07:53 PM
    To my knowledge, she was the same way and hasn't liked kissing all her life. I'm pretty sure she's not using me because we've had little fights and at one point I was going to break it off with her and she fought so hard to win me back.

Jun 21, 2007, 07:54 PM
    I'm just having a harder and harder time with it lately
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Frost re read all your posts.

Do you personally want to be with somebody that can not commit?

That does not know how to show affection. Obviously there are problems here or you would not have wanted to break up with her.

Hope you figure things out and your not really to sure what she was like before but it is obvious that there are real issues here.

It is up to you whether you really want to continue feeling this way knowing that somebody your with you personally will never experience kissing with you because they do not like it.

Do you feel that eventually she will come around or since you said she is like this with every other person she was with. How is this time going to be any different?

It is your choice and decision to make but you need to get to the root of the issue and if it continues I think you know what you need to do.

Joe
    Kattalover Posts: 120, Reputation: 20

Jun 22, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Have you considered that she may just be too young?

I remember my first make-out session at 16 and that I found it kind of gross to have somebody's tongue in my mouth. Two years later it was a totally different story.
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Jun 22, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Does she think that she maybe can't kiss and is worried that she isn't doing it right its also the way you kiss if your slinging you toung down her throute that might put her off specialy if you going round like a washing machine I know that's something that puts me off. Kiss her sometime on her cheek or top forehead I think there little signs of affection that she will see and if your not forcing her to kiss you on the lips then maybe she will see that. But do ask her if she has worries and talk about it.

Jun 22, 2007, 03:38 PM
    She wants no part of it, forehead, cheek, nothing. Ill just see what happens thanks for all your help everyone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
    I think she just wants to say she is going with someone.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I think she just wants to say she is going with someone.
    I'm being totally serious and not trying make a joke or disrespect you. But maybe she's a lesbian, but like Tal says she wants people to think she is going with someone. She has you essentially as a friend with no other attachments and no romance while opporsing her lesbian tendencies. She's still young enough where she might want her parents to think she's straight and I'm sure she doesn't want to be teased at school, so you could provide the perfect cover for her.
    Nickyblinks Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2007, 09:07 PM
    It might be because she thinks your being too pushy or she's not ready yet. I go through this with my boyfriend sometimes because he likes to kiss all the time. But eventually she'll get used to it. Give her some time:) how long have you been going out?

Jun 25, 2007, 11:29 AM
    5 months now
    HurtingALot Posts: 140, Reputation: 13

Jun 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Frost... are you having sex with her? Is it just the kissing that is the issue? Does she seem into you? I question the whole lesbian theory...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend said she doesn't love me as much as she used to [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend of approx 2 yrs told me she loves me but not as much as she used to. She is 18 and I am 22 for the first year things were great , we would do everything together and even talked about marriage , kids and getting a flat etc. She used to tell me I was the only lad she could be herself...

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

Kissing [ 14 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do now I just don't know should I kiss hunter today or should I wait for him to kiss me but you see he's never kissed a grl before but I've never had my first kiss yet?? I don't know what to do please someone help...

View more questions Search