trvlr81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Fuel Mixture for weekwackers
    Fuel mixture ratio for a weekwacker?

Make: Homelite
    Model Ut20024B
    pergammano Posts: 82, Reputation: 8

Jun 24, 2007, 05:14 AM
    I have 4 Echos, a Husky and a Stihl, the fuel ratio mixtures for all of these are 50:1 BUT I would contact a Homelite dealer in your area for the manufacturers specs.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jun 26, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Mixture ratios for 2-cycle engines are the same, all two strokes require the proper amount of oil per part fuel. That is determined by oil not machine. With today's oil a 32:1 seems safe but I would buy an oil that is clear on its ratio.

Don

Jun 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
    The manufacturers recommend you use their oil and base the ratio on that information. A 2-cycle engine is a 2-cycle engine, they get the lubrication needed from the fuel oil mix, the method of delivery does not change from manufacturer to manufacturer and neither does the amount of lubrication needed.

Pergammano can disagree but should understand the function before giving poor info.

Jun 28, 2007, 06:59 AM
    You are not answering the original question. We understand 2-cycle engine... and fuel mix... & the method of delivery... it is the amount to be delivered AND THAT IS MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC. Read your manual, follow those directions.

Jun 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
    I will clarify for anyone finding this post in the future, DO NOT use a 50:1 ratio with a 16:1 oil because the manufacturer suggests 50:1. They are in the oil business as well and are telling you that with their oil you would use the ratio suggested.

Don

Jun 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Once again, DO YOU read your answers before you post them... are you on something? Where do you ge t the 50:1 ratio you on honing in on... your answers are so single focused.Pay attention to the big picture... Use the ratio that your manufacturer of the equipment suggests, who gives a flying... who makes the oil. Your warranty requires that you use ratio to their specs... duh, they can tell when your engine goes down.

Jun 28, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Your experience and opinion are valued, please keep it civil.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

Fuel injecter or fuel pressure regulator ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 gmc sonoma (zr2 package) with a 4.3 motor (engine code W). I sometimes have problems getting it started, when the motor is warm it starts without any problem, but when it is cold I have a hard time getting it started, if I put gas or starting fluid down the throttle body it starts...

Weedeater fuel mixture [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all... the Weedeater Feathelite Plus requires a 40:1 fuel mixture. I made the mixture using careful measuriing. But the performance has deteriorated. Here is the question: Is there a tool in the market that could be use to determine if the mixture is correct? I hate to throw away a gallon...

Mixture Problems [ 1 Answers ]

How many ounces of pure water must be added to 80oz of a 20% acid solution to make a solution that is 12% acid? (hint: Pure water is 0% Acid.)

Paint mixture [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There Guys Does anybody know what colour stainers do I use to mix 20litres white paint To canary yellow. Thanks guys

View more questions Search