Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbridges Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 02:44 PM
    Question about supply temp. & return temp.
    The AC system produced supply temps. At 57-60 degrees on the first floor
    With a return temp. of 71 degrees. The second floor supply temp. is at 59 degrees with a return temp. of 72 degrees. I know there should be at least a 15 degree temp. difference from the supply to return. There was also an
    Air leak at the HVAC unit in the attic at the unused condensation drains but
    A cap was placed where the leak was so could that take care of the degree
    Difference in the supply and return?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2005, 02:48 PM
    Who quoted the 15...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbridges
    The AC system produced supply temps. at 57-60 degrees on the first floor
    with a return temp. of 71 degrees. The second floor supply temp. is at 59 degrees with a return temp. of 72 degrees. I know there should be at least a 15 degree temp. difference from the supply to return. There was also an
    air leak at the HVAC unit in the attic at the unused condensation drains but
    a cap was placed where the leak was so could that take care of the degree
    difference in the supply and return?
    ... degree temp diff? Anything lower than this would be acceptable, especially on a second floor. This number is probably typical and is considered a ballpark to shoot for.
    mbridges Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 02:55 PM
    It was quoted by a home inspector. Could fixing the air leak help with the
    temp. difference?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2005, 05:48 PM
    An air leak...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbridges
    It was quoted by a home inspector. Could fixing the air leak help with the
    temp. difference?
    ... could go either way in some cases but in general closing any air leaks off when a closed system is in place (furnace, A/C, etc.) will help improve the efficiency and reduce the temp diff. A swamp cooler, on the other hand, needs air leaks else it will overwork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hdd temp [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a DELL DIMENSION 9500. When I check with HDD HEALTH, it warns me that the drive (western digital) temp is 60 or 70 deg Celsius. It also says CRITICAL. What can I do. Is there another way to check ?

Pressure/Temp Gauges [ 2 Answers ]

How do you read manifold gauges? i.e.. On a 70 degree day what pressures should you expect on a normal running unit? Low pressures and high pressures.I know it has to do with the ambient temp. I was told that you add 35 to the ambient and that should shoud translate to high pressure. Is this...

Hot water temp. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks I had a water pump problem and ended up replacing it with a new one. The problem started after the install of the new pump, when you adjust the water temp. for the shower and then turn the shower on, the water temperature drops to almost cold:eek: and you have to turn the hot way up to...

Engine temp. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a 1977 Ford LTD II with a Ford 400 cu.in engine. This engine has always had a problem with its temperature when the car is stuck in a traffic jam. Is this normal for this engines? In heavy traffic I can't turn on the a/c because de temp rise fast and reaches the overheat range....

2 part help question.. How to turn up hot wtr. Temp [ 2 Answers ]

I live in S. Daytona, FL. We just purchased a home. First question is how do we trun up the temp on hot water? We have a hot water heater but I have not seen any dials or anything but plumbing connected to it. It takes forever to get the hotwater flowing . We waste more water waiting for it to get...

View more questions Search