Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikki1226 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 05:03 AM
    The Sims!
    I recently just brought a used PS2 I brought 3 games and the sims was one of them . The other 2 games work but when I out in the sims, it just goes to the screen of Browser / System Configuration and it won't work. I switched the gsme at the store and the whole system and still nothing. It is a blue bottom disc, is there anything I can do before I just get my money back and get a different game, because I like this game.. Help! Please
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 05:14 AM
    You've changed both the system and the game? That's really odd if it still isn't working.

Have you checked online sims forums to see if it's a known issue?
    weezerscaddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki1226
    I recently just brought a used PS2 I brought 3 games and the sims was one of them . The other 2 games work but when I out in the sims, it just goes to the screen of Browser / System Configuration and it won't work. I switched the gsme at the store and the whole system and still nothing. It is a blue bottom disc, is there anything I can do before I just get my money back and get a different game, because I like this game.. Help!! please
    I'm having the same problem, but with Dance Dance Revoltion Supernova. They said they are going to exchange the console again, as the game is brand new (just opened the package today, in fact). I don't know what's up. Did they check your system when you exchanged it? Did it work there? That's another odd thing... they checked my "new" (both systems are actually used) system, and it worked fine at the store, but when I got it home, it did the same as before. It plays audio CDs fine (this is the only game I have).
    TrampolineKing Posts: 27, Reputation: 2
    -

May 17, 2009, 03:52 AM

Ah, my old playstation never used to play 'Blue Discs', I never knew why, and I was really getting annoyed until someone said that one of the lasers that read the discs had been damaged, so that only the original normal discs would be able to be played.
    Maybe that's your problem ?
    ewhitlock83 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Jul 28, 2009, 07:08 AM

What version of the ps2 do you have? I used to have the old "Boxy" versions, went through two of them in fact, although I had the opposite problem, where the playstation would ONLY play the colored discs, not the clear ones. However, since switching to the "slim" version of the ps2, I haven't had any problems, apart from playing movies and funky sound, which, 1, was more caused by my old VCR than the playstation, and 2, I really don't care to play moves on my ps2, I have a separate dvd player for that. Playing dvd's on your ps2 shortens the lifespan of the system, in my humble opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The sims addict [ 3 Answers ]

I used to own the basic sims package when it first came out and I loved it so much, (dont have cd now) does anyone know of a site were I can downlaod or play the sims free or are there any free online sim like games out there?

The Sims 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to make hair do's, clothes, and make up for sims cause like I want to learn how to make the really cute clothes and hair that you see on the websites like I kind of have the other stuff down I just really really wanted to learn how to do the clothes and stuff can anyone help:D...

The Sims 2! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get Sims 2 Body Shop I have been wanting it for the longest time and I have know idea where to get it... can someone please help me and if you have The Sims 2 Body Shop could you please tell what it is like.. like what the pros and cons of having it... it really mean a lot...

Dvd drive not detecting sims 2 pets [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm having a slight problem I've installed sims 2 , university, open for business and the stuff packs and pets so for a while all working fine, now a few weeks later I go and put in pets to play and the drive isn't even registering a disc, so I check the...

SIMS Making Magic cheats [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right forum or not. But does anyone have any great cheats for SIMS Making Magic? Thanks

View more questions Search