Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrogus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Maytag Wide by Side Freezer making weird noise
    My Maytag MZD2665HEQ is only 3 years old and it already had compressor issues. The compressor was replaced in February, but since then the freezer makes a weird creaking/groaning noise. It stops when the freezer door is opened but restarts as soon as you close it. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Could it be the evapotator fan hitting something? It will stop when door is open. With door open, push in on dooe switch with you finger and see if you ccan locate exact area where noise is coming from. Post back

Jun 21, 2007, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Could it be the evapotator fan hitting something? It will stop when door is open. With door open, push in on dooe switch with you finger and see if you ccan locate exact area where noise is coming from. Post back

I sounds like it's coming from the ice maker.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Can't think of why icemaker would stop making noise when door is open. You could unplug ice maker and check to see if noise stops. Just 2-3 small screws will drop icemaker to give access to plug. Easy to do. Check that and see.

Jun 21, 2007, 04:42 AM
    I think I just fixed the probem - I took out the ice holder and there seemed to be ice stuck to the top and side of the mechanism - I broke off the ice and the noise went away. The arm also moved down on it's own.

Thank you - Linda
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Great. Many times just prodding, looking and listening can solve many problems like these. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag wide by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Model number mzd2752GRW. The switch that turns on the ice/water dispenser stopped working. I replaced it. The water dispenser now works. The ice dispenser drops the ice cubes, but the door they should fall through doesn't open. What controls it?

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

Maytag wide by side not cooling [ 3 Answers ]

Our maytag wide by side is not cooling - freezer side is working fine. Seems to be a common problem with these based on the posts. Any ideas? Have called repair center - not open until Monday.

View more questions Search