Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chazsgang Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 10:10 AM
    Building a Vivarium
    Hi Folks,

It's a long shot but I'm hoping that there is someone out there who can help me.

Firtsly I'm no carpenter so don't know joins etc, but can usually do what I want.

I am going to build a vivarium for the living room and need some help/advice. I intend to build I out of the laminate type wood from B&Q, you know the type of stuff that you get from Argos etc only better quality.

It is going to consist of 2 vivariums and the overall length is going to be 3 feet. The first viv will be 3 foot length, 18 inches height and depth 18 inches.

The second viv will be stacked on top of the first one. The depth and length will be the same but the height will be 3 to 4 feet.

I would also like to put a cupboard underneath it with some doors but not sure how.

I have an idea of how to make it but want to be sure how and that it looks a nice piece of furniture.

If anyone has done anything like this or can offer me some advice I would apppreciare your help.

Thanks

Charllie
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2005, 11:39 AM
    Google is a good resource. Found this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ing+a+Vivarium

Some of the links lead to quite interesting sites.

Jun 15, 2005, 12:09 PM
    Hi There,

Thanks for that link but I had already checked most of them out. They mainly show you the design styles and seeting up a viv but not how to build. I already have a viv so setting it up is not a problem, it's the building.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Charllie
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2005, 04:08 AM
    Would this link...
    Quote Originally Posted by chazsgang
    Hi Folks,

Its a long shot but im hoping that there is someone out there who can help me.

Firtsly im no carpenter so dont know joins etc, but can usually do what i want.

I am going to build a vivarium for the living room and need some help/advice. I intend to build i out of the laminate type wood from B&Q, you know the type of stuff that you get from Argos etc only better quality.

It is going to consist of 2 vivariums and the overall length is going to be 3 feet. The first viv will be 3 foot length, 18 inches height and depth 18 inches.

The second viv will be stacked on top of the first one. The depth and length will be the same but the height will be 3 to 4 feet.

I would also like to put a cupboard underneath it with some doors but not sure how.

I have an idea of how to make it but want to be sure how and that it looks a nice piece of furniture.

If anyone has done anything like this or can offer me some advice i would apppreciare your help.

Thanks

charllie
    ... be helpful?

http://www.leopardgecko.co.uk/docume...y/project1.htm

Let me know if this is useful as there are others...

Jun 18, 2005, 05:49 AM
    Hi Flickit,

This site was very useful, thank you.

Do you have anymore if so I would apprecaite the links, its just what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Charllie
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2005, 09:51 PM
    Perhaps you need to look less at a vivarium, and more at how to build a cabinet. Find plans for a cabinet, and modify them to create the vivarium.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2005, 05:20 AM
    Do a search on...
    Quote Originally Posted by chazsgang
    Hi Flickit,

This site was very usefull, thankyou.

Do you have anymore if so i would apprecaite the links, its just what im looking for.

Thanks

charllie
    ... www.yahoo.com for "vivarium DIY".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abb Building? [ 2 Answers ]

I am feed up with my flabby belly! Its not that bad (12 stone 4) but I just hate the look of it, so I have decided to work on my abbs I now it could take months on ends but I'm prepared anyone got any tips for the diet, and exercise side? Low carbs yes but is that just bad carbs or allso good...

Building a website help! [ 6 Answers ]

I need to start a website to inform about a professional service. I won't be collecting information or anything like that. I merely want four tabs of basic information, like Home, Services, Bio, Contact. Forgive my ignorance, but what do I do? If I buy a domain name, what is my next step? ...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

Pre fab house building [ 2 Answers ]

Are these manufactured houses nowadays as good as a traditional contructed house? I'm considering having one of these pre fab houses built on my lot .Are the savings considerable or am I asking for trouble in the long run ? I'm in the S.F bay area where the neighborhood houses are in the...

View more questions Search