Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Bad Dreams!
    As some of you know, I recently had a miscarriage about two weeks ago. I've been dealing with it okay although it does hurt to think about sometimes and is very frustrating. My problem is that I've been having the worst dreams, here is an example: "I'm using the potty and all of a sudden an umbilical cord comes out and I go to pull it out and it just keeps on coming..." There have been many weird, disturbing ones like this. I don't even want to go to bed at night because that's when I start thinking about it a lot and once I do fall asleep I have these crazy visions to deal with! HELP!
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 21, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Maybe your dreams are some unresolved emotions. Have you talked to anyone about the miscarriage and talked about how you feel and how it makes you feel. I know it sounds like a bunch of mushy gushy stuff... but it is important to get all those feelings out in the open. You dream about things that are usually on your mind, and about things you worry about. You might be worrying that your next pregnancy will end in a miscarriage. The best advice I know to give you is to talk about your feelings, your fears, your worries. Get everything out in the open. You might just need another person to comfort you and listen. You might also want to take something that can help you sleep at night. Good luck, I know these are hard times for you.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 06:41 AM
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
    dolly08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jun 21, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    As some of you know, I recently had a miscarriage about two weeks ago. I've been dealing with it okay although it does hurt to think about sometimes and is very frustrating. My problem is that I've been having the worst dreams, here is an example: "I'm using the potty and all of a sudden an umbilical cord comes out and I go to pull it out and it just keeps on coming..." There have been many weird, disturbing ones like this. I don't even want to go to bed at night because that's when I start thinking about it a lot and once I do fall asleep I have these crazy visions to deal with! HELP!
    Lady bug I wish I could help you just before you lay down to close your eyes at night pray to God and ask him to help guide you through the night and to please get those negative thought out of your mind all I can say is to just think of God before you go to sleep and think about all of the good things that he has done for you let him be your way of getting away from those negative thoughts just put it all in Gods hands
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Its normal to have bad dreams in your delicate situation. It has been a painful experience in your life. Like bekah870 mentioned, I feel that dreams are a persons way of dealing with things that perhaps are too painful for us to deal with while awake. We try to hide our feelings and push them into the dark corners of our minds, try to get over things in this way. But at night when our guards are down, our minds try to fix and resolve things, and sends images and thoughts coursing through our minds in the form of dreams, to try and make us face the issue and resolve it. To us it comes out as confusing and sometimes down right fearful.perhaps it has to do with wanting to get pregnant, but fearing to get pregnant again, in case it happens again? Perhaps you feel guilty? Perhaps it's a mixture of things. Many times, especially as women, we try to push ourselves past the things that hurt us or bother us, try to move on and be strong. Maybe you just need to let yourself have more time. I am sorry for your loss, I hope that these dreams end for you soon sweety. Wish I could help more
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 21, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Don't discount the hormones either. They can reek havoc with your dreams too. Hugs. You know a lot of us are on night owl hours too and we can listen if you can't sleep.
    Braden23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 28, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Have you talked to a grief and loss counselor? They can help you resolve your crazy dreams. Your ob-gyn can probably help you find one. Good luck, and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams about ex [ 3 Answers ]

I keep having dreams about my ex-boyfriend and people in his family. There are times when I can't recall in my dream if I married him or my husband now. I'm always very upset in my dream because I don't want to be married to my ex, but keep thinking I am and made the wrong choice in my dreams. I...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Asthma or bad dreams? [ 3 Answers ]

YES, I'm a very overprotective "mother"... lol, I just have to make sure my new "baby" is okay! When my puppy (7 weeks old) is sleeping she makes this weird wheezing/gasping noise. She doesn't do it constantly when she is sleeping, but just every once in a while. And she will also randomly act...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search