Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:19 PM
    how to keep second floor deck from dripping water onto first floor deck
    We are planning to build a second floor deck over an existing deck. Will be 16 x 12 when finished. My question is this. We don't want the upper deck to allow water to drip onto the lower deck when raining. How can this be prevented? I want to use 5/4 decking on top, but don't see how we can do that and still be "drip-proof".
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 20, 2007, 07:15 PM
    They Do Make A Product Just For This, Its Called Underdecking, There Are Also Some Other Companys That Make The Similar Products. The Way It Works It Panels Are Placed In Between Your Joist The Collect The Rain And Then Are Diverted To Channels That Run To The Edge Of Your Deck. The Rain Then Will Either Run Off The Edge Or You Can Install A Gutter And Down Spout, For Your Size Deck You Should Expect To Pay. 950 To 1100 For The Whole System,
    You Don't Need A Lot Of Tool To Install This, Your Job Would Take Around 5hr To Complete, Granted I Do This More Often But Its Not All That Hard.
    Ill Send You A Link To Help You Find The Site,
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Well I Can't Get The Link On Here, Just Type In Under Deck And Go To There Site
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Here's the link:

Underdeck, Under Deck, Dry Under Deck, Under Deck Ceilings, Under Deck Cover
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the link. It was very helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

2nd Floor, Floor drain backing up with water in restroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a second floor restroom at my workplace and there is a little bit of water backing up and some sewer gas smell. There is rarely anything that goes down that drain but there is a little water in it that I can see. Also it seems that the urinals in the same restroom are draining very slowly....

Toilet leak ,3rd floor to 2nd floor ceiling. [ 1 Answers ]

Was told that I would have to build a 6 inch platform to place toilet high enough to get adaquate flow to prevent this. Is this valid or does anyone else have a better plan. Floors,pipes , toilet all new install to existing. 3 years.

Proper underlayment for vinyl floor starting at floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to build up a floor to prepare for vinyl flooring? I'm building a mud-room in the garage attached to the house, 5' by 13' . Presently I have the joists installed and am ready for subfloor. I am planning to use 3/4" T&G UDL plywood, glued to joists with construction...

View more questions Search