Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:01 PM
    energy from a radioactive source
    a radioactive source has an activity of 3.2*10^9 Bq and emits alpha particles , each with kinetic energy of 5.2 MeV. The source is enclosed in a small aluminium container of mass 2*10^-4 Kg which absorbs the radiation completely.

calculate the energy in J absorbed from the source each second by the aluminium container

what equation would I use to find the answer, I know that at some point I have to times it by 1.6*10^-19 to turn the energy into joules, or is it divide because I thought 1eV =1.6*10^-19 joules and so wouldn't I have to divide my answer by 1.6*10^-19 to turn it into joules ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Any ideas
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Help please
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Ill just keep bringing this to the top so that people notice it then

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Alimony Source [ 1 Answers ]

Is a bonus from one's employer considered salary or income, legally?

Water source [ 2 Answers ]

I am turning my garage into two bedrooms and a bath. Problem is the floor is concrete and the closest water source already plumbed in is about 40 feet away. However, the water line to the main house goes along the outside of the garage wall. Can I tap into it at that source instead of going to...

Radioactive Decay(Pre-Cal) [ 1 Answers ]

If you haver 5 grams of carbon-14, whose half-life is 5730 years, How much carbon-14 will be left after 4,000 years and 8,000 years? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Radioactive Shielding [ 1 Answers ]

The transport of radioactive samples must follow strict guidelines to ensure that the exposure is very low. A 100 mCi sample of 212Pb is placed at the centre of a cubical lead lined box, each side of which has a length of 30cm. Calculate the thickness of lead required to reduce the dose level at...

View more questions Search