Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pulpfiction Posts: 43, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2007, 07:53 AM
    I Had a Weird Dream
    Hi everyone, I had a very weird dream lastnite, that I was in the car with my mum, and we were in Ireland!(We're from Mexico city), and that we were around the corner of my ex bf's! so mum told me to go and say hi to his house, I went out of the car and started walking in his direction, and while I was walking-almost running- I saw in my dream the streets we walked on!! I saw the houses, the cars,the grass, and I swear I felt the fresh air:eek: , the road was longer in my dream than in the real life when I actually walked it! at the end, I was in front of his door, but he wasn't there, and I had to go back to where the car was, and I got into the car and said to my mum: No he wasn't there! outside I was cool, but inside I felt very sad I didn't see him.

After that I was in the car and I was trying to find him!:confused:. All this because we broke up a week ago. For more references... read: Why he didn't have the courage.

Someone could tell me what the dream means?? -I think is just CRAZY!

Thanks for taking the time to read this
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 07:55 AM
    All natural, don't worry in time things will be better. Keep busy!

Jun 20, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Thanks Jiser!

Jun 20, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Anyone: an interpretation?
    Braden23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2007, 10:09 AM
    I would need to know more about issues surrounding the breakup to offer a good interpretation, but I can tell you that the main reasons you had the dream are because the breakup is recent and you still miss him. I don't know why you and your mother were in Ireland (it could have been because you saw a commercial on television or an advertisement somewhere). The reason why you started running is because you really miss him and wish to see him (if you didn't miss him much, you would have walked the entire time). You went to his house because you wish to see him and still miss him and you drove around looking for him for the same reason. I don't know exactly why the streets were longer, but you saw them because you miss him and the streets are part of memories. Streets often represent journeys in life so if they were longer that could be significant. If you can think of any more details let me know and I'll try to give you a more exact interpretation. I have had lots of dreams lately about a girl I recently broke up with and I think it is normal.

Jun 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I think is a very good interpretation, because the breakup is really recent, and I've been hunted by song of irish bands, like Corrs, Cranberries, U2, celtic songs, everywhere I go, even in my job!! My boss plays Cranberries songs!! :@ , the streets I saw in my dream are the same streets we walked together during his birthday, because we went to a shop near his house, by foot, and it was very lovely.

Jun 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Thanks for your comment by the way, but tell me what information you need!
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

Jun 20, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Everything is still fresh and the hurt is on the surface. Im sure the breakup is on your mind a lot and its just your mind dreaming about it as well when you are asleep. The dream is just that... a dream.

Jun 20, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Sounds logic!-thanks for the reply-

Jun 20, 2007, 06:27 PM
    No one else?!

Jun 20, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Could it be possible if he's thinking aobut me? Or I just wasted my words by doing that question! -Someone told me it would be possible, but not sure.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pulpfiction
    Could it be possible if he's thinking aobut me? or i just wasted my words by doing that question!?-Someone told me it would be possible, but not sure.
    Yes, you did waste words. Do you have any idea how many poor people in the world can't afford words? And here you are, just throwing them around like they grow on trees! You wasteful little girl, you... :p

I think it is just a dream; your mind is still on the ex and it dominates your thinking, both consciously and subconsciously. It is nothing more your ruminations about your breakup.

Is he thinking about you? Maybe. Is your dream indicative of that? No. I don't believe in telepathy or magic or whatever else.

You need to get your mind off it. Por favor salte de la casa y hablale a tus amigas para que vayan a comer unos tacos de adobada con un refresco. Te hace bien.
    aaron80 Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2007, 10:11 PM
    I am an expert on dreams. Ica tell you one thing because you dream of I'm this in no way means he is thinking of you...

I will say though there is no doubt he is thinking of you after a breakup the dumper always (If the relationship was sound) thinks of the dumpee. Its natural you would not have been in the relationship if you did not have some kind of connection with th other. And if this has been a long relationship the dumper will always have many memories and things to remind them of the perason they may have once loved...

Now about your dream the reason you have these dreams and I have had similar lately after a 3 year relationship break down and she left. Its on your mind all the time and your hoping he may come back, what happens is its also in your subconsious mnd and that is why you dream. The thoughts may even seem more real than normal dreams because of the emotions you are goimng through at the moment.

Its like when people start a new job sometimes they dream ofthat job at night because they are learning new things and it is fresh in there mind...

You dreaming of your ex is very normal my ex also told me that she had a dream of me and this is because she and I hada very close 3 year relationhip. She dumped me but still had the dream so there is every chance your boyfriend could have a dream of you . We can't say for sure but I will guarantee one thing he does think of you still and will wonder what you're doing this is natural for everyone to do.

Your dream about the long road is your journey travelled together you may want the road to go forever so it seems longer than normal. You go down the street you go to his house and you cannot see him. Iwill tell you hat this is it is like most dreams you do not see your ex , you will notice most of the dreams you cannot find him because your mind actually knows that he is gone but you are holding onto the cancehe may come back. You know deep down inside if you could see clearly that he is probably not coming back and tha is why you cannot see him. This also explainswhy you when in arelationship can have dreamsof the other person you are with but they are there you see and touch them because your mind knows the truth.

I hope yoou understand what I'm saying and thedreams may continue until you realise that he is gone. I have had 2 major relationshipsand both girls left and both times I dreamed of them but could not se tem. Also normally you will be in places where yo have been before with them and it will feel so real and I mean SOSOSOSSO real.

I had adream he other night and my Ex who I could not see was the one I wa trying to contact but could notget a hold of her. This may be because I realise she's gone but will not let myself let go of the past... You may well dream for a long time till you realise that this is truly over andthat could mean until you find someone else .

Anyway suming up these drreams will be caused by your emotions which means when youfind someone ele that makes you happy these dreams will stop butuntil then you have no where top place all your emotions these dreams may continue... Peopleneed a place to place there emotions once the relationship is finished that is why they normally hopinto another one which they may not really want but they place there emotions there and his isa reound but the honestly don't have te feelings for this new relationship so it normally doesn't last but they do get what they want the releasing of any emotions from the previous relationship and then they move on to someone else. These people can be ar-holes but that iswhat they do they release the emotionsby being with someone else instead of facing it on there own and moving on. It has a lot to do with strong people who look at the future and dontlook back. Tellingthemselves the future awaits me and the past is just that the past!!

So I SUGGEST you tink to yourself what an amazing time we had together and I am glad even for the time we spent together but the future awaits me and I do not want to miss it because when you wake up tomorrow it's a new day a new start. A fresh life you just keep moving on cause there only one person who matters.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jun 20, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Dreams are exactly that DREAMS!Thatis why peopledream of what they want.

Don't needto listen to amllion people to know what your dream means. You can ask a 1000 times there is only one reason you hadthat dream and that is because that is what your mind is constantly thinking about. This is natural and the reason he was not found is becase he is gone. I have red many explanations on dreams and theyaresimply fulfillingwhat peple are wanting but at the same time, you already know thereis a slim chance of a reunion. This is why he cannot be found... Everyone dreams of something and you may have many dreams of him you won't remember but this is the main one inyour transition to realising its over andyou must let this go.

Dreams can also be heatwrenching cause you make to realse what you thought you had backis not back at all... Sorry to say but he is probably not coming back but whateer you do try and move on don't stand still and definateky don't analyse the dreams they ar just theat thoughts in your head of what youwuld likeor want THAT IS SIMPLE DREAMS!!

Jun 21, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Thanks to everyone for telling me about my dream. I'm letting him go, after all, I think a week is enough, at least for me.

Huno- te pasas! Como que unos tacos y unos refrescos, si ahora tengo que ponerme mejor para ligar otro hahahahahaha-bueno-jajajajajaj

Jun 21, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Bueno, pues una ensalada con agua mineral--pero salte de la casa!

Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie134
    Sorry to say but he is probly not coming back but whateer you do try and move on dont stand still and definateky dont analyse the dreams they ar just theat thoughts in your head of what youwuld likeor want THAT IS SIMPLE DREAMS!!!!
    Definitely; don't stop and try to figure out what it means. You'll just torment yourself more.

Jun 21, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Si me salgo huno, soy maestra de 190 adultos!! así que la mente ocupada sí la tengo! Hehehehe

Jun 21, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pulpfiction
    Si me salgo huno, soy maestra de 190 adultos!!!!!, así que la mente ocupada sí la tengo! hehehehe
    Y entre tanto viejo no hay NI UNO que te gusta?

"Buenos dias, clase, hoy vamos a revisar la leccion de ayer... y la tarea para mañana, necesitan cada uno de ustedes traer una lapizera, su libreta, y no menos de dos varones. Mas vale que sean jovenes, guapos, con carrazo y que tengan billete!"

Jun 21, 2007, 05:25 PM
    hahahahahaha te pasas!! así es entre tanto no hay ni uno!! =(, es que me gustan güeros, de ojos claros, altos y que tengan conversación, divertidos... si se puede irlandeses o ingleses!! Hehehehe... no conoces a alguien? Hahaha
    SouthernBelle06 Posts: 166, Reputation: 83

Jun 21, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Dreaming of your ex after a breakup is very normal. When my ex unexpectedly left me for another girl I was so hurt it was unbelievable. I dreamed of him a LOT probably the first 3 or 4 months after the breakup. My dreams always consisted of him leaving me for another girl or cheating on me one way or another... things to that effect. I would wake up very upset, even crying.

For example, in one of these dreams, I looked out my window and he and the girl he dumped me for (who I have never seen by the way) were having dinner at a table on my lawn and I saw them kissing. I could overhear their conversation and they were talking about traveling all over the world together.

In another of my post breakup dreams, I dreamed that he and I were walking down the street (where my parents' house is) and we saw a girl standing outside of a house we came across and he just went into her house and left me standing there and never came back. There were several other dreams like these too.

It has been over a year since the breakup and these dreams faded with time. I rarely dream about him any more. I think that we simply just dream what is on our minds. Maybe our subconscious is trying to work things out in our heads for us while we sleep. I don't know.

Things will get better for you. The breakup is fresh. Just give it time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi!. my dream... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My name is Chen, I'm 26, married and a mum of two. I work three days a week at a local café, and I enjoy studying child psychology and counceling in my own time. I have a bit of a dilema which made me find my way somehow to this site, and I was hoping someone might put my mind at...

An dream about an ex [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dream that I made love with my ex and wanted to make it up to me. He kept on saying he loves me. He kept on saying he loves me and I am involved with someone for a long period. Why am I having dreams about my ex for a few months.

I had a weird dream. (can I get an interpretation). [ 3 Answers ]

All right here is what happens. I had a dream where I impregnated a girl who I graduated high school with. What happens is I hear she is in the hospital, and she tells me there that we have a kid. Anyhow, I reacted in the best possible light to the news. I became estatic and started parading my...

Dream [ 8 Answers ]

Here go's, I was at a gathering and my sister said she did not want to Grill. This was all happening in a dark place, I don't exactly know what to make of it, and acouple of weeks ago I had a dream... We were siting across from each other staring at each other, Can any one help figure this out,...

View more questions Search