Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Anyone Remember "Incredible Machine:?
    It and SimCity were pretty much the only two computer games that interested me...

I'd love to find one just like Incredible Machine. Any suggestions for stuff I should try?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I'm pretty sure the incredible machine and it's sequels are abandonware now. Or at least available for cheap.

You should be able to get hold of the 2nd one easily, it's pretty good :)

The third incredible machine wasn't quite as good but is much more recent, maybe you can track that down.

There are a load of similar flash games out there, and indie games, I'll compile a list when I get home.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 20, 2007, 05:47 AM
    There are a ton of Incredible Machine CD's available on Ebay.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Thanks, cap.

I did find a couple places to download the first one, but it's listed as a dos game so I didn't want to mess with it.

Due to it's popularity I'm surprised that someone has not done one just like it (for computer).
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657
    There are a ton of Incredible Machine CD's available on Ebay.
    Thanks, I'll check them out.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:51 AM
    TIM2 was for windows, I'm pretty sure, you should be able to download that one too, You might have to run it in windows 98 compatibility mode, but it should be fine.

DOS is not normally a problem either...
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Armadillo Run - Check this one out - I paid for this and it's a great game :)

Rubicon : A Machine-Building Puzzle Game - a java(?) game.

Discovery Kids :: Whizzball - this one is really addicting.

3 similar ones:

Impulse - logic puzzle game by Taparo, fresh casual games
    Teagames.com - Blueprint Game
    CCL - PC Hardware and Software Online Store

There's one that I'm desperately trying to remember the name of, but hopefully this will get you started

There's the incredible machine 1, 2 and 3 too, DOS shouldn't be a problem for you they should run fine, worth a try at least.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Ooh ooh check out eets too:

Eets - A fun combination of Lemmings and the Incredible Machine!

It's a little different, you have to guide a little animal to the exit, but it's awesome too! Should be a demo on the website (same goes for armadillo run, the demo is on the website)
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 04:57 AM
    I just did the first few levels of the Armadillo demo. I like it. I'll check out the others too. Great fun that I think my kids will like too!
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Armadillo run is definitely my favourite of the bunch, followed by whizzball.

If you like the building aspects of armadillo run, you might want to check out bridgebuilder, and pontifex. They require you to build a bridge over water using pipes, then when you're ready you can send traffic over the bridge, where they either make it to the end or plunge to their doom!
    Sometimes hydraulics are introduced too, so your bridge might have to open up for the passage of a ship underneath it, then go back down.

BridgeBuilder-Game.com - The ultimate bridge building games website
    Chronic Logic - Games

Chronic logic made the 2nd and 3rd incarnations of the bridge building game, but the first bridge builder should be free somewhere (check the 1st link).

Enjoy! :)
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I was born February 15 1944, saw you were born on that day too... 1964

Google search on Sierra Entertainment ---> Sierra Online -- hope link helps

Sierra | Home

Game Information The Incredible Machine®
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Here is a page of stuff that happened on 2/15:
    Search the Today in History Archives
    ... a bit of trivial fun :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Incredible boys [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

"I'm sorry but I just" can't seem to remember more lyrics [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for help with an 80's song that was definitely featured in one of those classic movies like valley girl or pretty in pink or one of those. It's a guy singing and he says something like "I'm sorry but I just can't seem to" or something alone those lines and then later he says something...

Mars' Incredible "Grand Canyon" [ 3 Answers ]

I was just doing some cleanup on my computer and ran across this picture. Just thought I'd share it. Most know Mars is much smaller than Earth, and some know that Mars has a canyon colloquially called the "Grand Canyon" (formerly known as Valles Marineris). Here is a picture of Valles...

View more questions Search