Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrclod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Ge washer agitates, does not spin
    I have ge washer (wjsr2080t) that agitates fine, but does not spin.

I have a feeling it's the water level control as when I remove the air tube from it and restart the spin cycle, it spins like a champ.

Just seems odd that this would control spin. But this is a 10 yr old GE that has had so many service calls that nothing seems impossible anymore.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:33 AM
    It could be bad. Also what happens at the point past agitation when it stops if you raise and lower the lid. Does it spin then?
    Deanna12848 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
    GE washer agitates and drains but will not spin
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Unplug unit.To test the water control switch,remove all wire and label them so you know where to put them back.With washer empty test for continuity oncontacts 1&2. If you have cont. mean the valve will be energized. Now test contactacts 1&3 and it should read no cont.Reconect wires and let water fill the tub.Be careful at this point as you are cgoing to have to test with power on. Check for cont at contacts1&3 you should read no cont. Cneck 1&3 and should read cont.If fails any on these test switch is bad. WORK SAFE! I would test the lid switch as well. Unplug unit and remove 1 wire from it and check for cont. If non, replace it good Luck Post back with results as it may help others. BE CAREFUL working with power please
    Tnault Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 03:23 PM
    I have an old GE Washing Machine that has always worked great. Recently it shuts off after agitating and does not proceed to drain, spin and rinse. However, if I move the dial to the rinse cycle manually after it stops, it drains, rinses and spins. Any idea what could be wrong?
    Tnault Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Comment on Tnault's post
    This was supposed to be listed as a question, not an answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire washer agitates but won't spin [ 8 Answers ]

Model # FWS445RFS2 My washer will wash but will not spin. The tub will not turn by hand at all. I have checked the switch and the belt and they seem fine. Also, before this started I notice the clothes were more damp than usually in the bottom of the tub. I heard a loud clanking like metal...

Roper Washer Agitates but won't drain or spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Roper RAX7245AW washer that was purchased in 1994. It agitates normally, but when it comes to the end of the agitation cycle, it stops. The motor does not run, it doesn't pump the water out and it does not spin. I checked the door switch and it works fine. ? How should I go...

Whirlpool washer agitates but will not spin! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR8244EQ1 Heave Duty Super Capacity Plus Imperial 8 cycle / 2 speed The washer fills and agitates but when it comes time to spin, it does not spin. I checked to make sure no clothes were wrapped around the agitator but the agitator moves freely. I...

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102,washer agitates for a little then it stops. [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102, The washer will fill and it will agitate for a little bit for about a minute, then it will stop before finishing.When it stops there is no motor sound.No matter what I set the knob to it will not start up again,but if I wait several minutes it will...

View more questions Search