Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Defining terms
    Could somebody define these terms please

LAGOS ?

Cash flow crisis - is it just a problem with earning money?

Anti locust programms (something to do with giving food to poorer countries)

Thank you

Oh and what's a 'sahelian state'
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Noun 1. Lagos - chief port and economic center of Nigeria; located in southwestern Nigeria on the Gulf of Guinea; former capital of Nigeria

Couldn't find the others.. I'm sorry. For future reference if you need definitions here is an online dictionary for you : Online Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus. Free access.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I found Sahelian Kingdoms. Might that be what you are looking for?
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Possibly what are they, oh and why would orphaned child rates be high in china
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:53 PM
    The Sahelian kingdoms were a series of empires that had many similarities. They were centred on the sahel, the area of grasslands south of the Sahara. The wealth of the states came from controlling the trade routes across the desert. Their power came from having large pack animals like camels and horses that were fast enough to keep a large empire under central control and were also useful in battle.

All of these empires were also quite decentralized with member cities having a great deal of autonomy.

The Sahel states were limited from expanding south into the forest zone of the Ashanti and Yoruba as mounted warriors were all but useless in the forests and the horses and camels could not survive the heat and diseases of the region.

Hang on I'll try and help you out with the others just give me a minute :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:57 PM
    The Chinese have a preference for baby boys, so they abandon the baby girls, which is the reason for the large amount of orphans in China.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:58 PM
    What do you need to know about the cash flow crisis and the anti locust programs? I found something on crisis management, does that sound like something you might need?
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Thanks about the chineese one I can't believe I missed that, erm crisis management sounds like managing a riot but cash flow crisis is something to do with not having enough money coming in to counteract the money going out I think, and anti locust programms are something to do with helping poorer countries grow food I think
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Okay I found a whole article on Small Business Cash Flow Crisis. Here you go : Small Business Cash Flow Crisis

I hope it helps, if not let me know and I'll do some more research. Now I'll investigate the anti locust programs for you.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 02:11 PM
    With the anti locust programs, they will bring in pesticides, vehicles and communications equipment to treat infested areas as well as prevent the hatching and laying cycles of future generations of the finger-length winged insects.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Thanks for your help you've been great I kind of had an idea what the cash flow crisis was about I just wanted it confirmed which has sort of been done, but thanks fr the help(I would rate you again but its not having it)
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 02:20 PM
    You're welcome and if you need anymore help just let me know :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Terms [ 1 Answers ]

What is the term take- off?? Also the term Fixture carrier and fixture rough??

Solve in terms of n [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I have this equation. f=c((1+r)^n + \frac{(1+r)^{n+1}-(1+r)}{r}) I'm trying to solve in terms of n (i.e. making n the subject of the formula. Does anyone have any idea how this can be done? Thanks a lot.

Credit terms [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a quick question about selling merchandise on credit. If a buyer sold merch on credit for $7,000, terms 2/10, 1/15, n/30; With 700 units at $5 each I just wanted to know what would be the COGS and Inv. I think it would be in the $3,000's

What has worked the best for you in terms of getting over your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

I know that many of us have been through bad breakups lately and I thought it would help everyone, myself included, to have lots of readily available information, advice, stories, or tips on what things have helped people here to get over their exes all in one post. It could even be printed out and...

Nautical terms [ 4 Answers ]

Any site for the nautical terms n its history(in brief)?

View more questions Search