Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Jun 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
    JOP marriage and then wedding?
    I'm planning on getting married next year in Florida (b/c that's where all my family is) my fiance's family is from Idaho and will be flying down to be there, but I was wondering if we could get married in Idaho by the JOP before we actully go to FL for our wedding, and still have the ceremony? I'm in the AF and stationed here, and don't want a wedding without my family, but Florida law (from what I've read) says that you have to do the counseling first and then you can get your license. Not to mention that the Idaho license is a lot cheaper. I only have a certain amout of days of leave I can take and don't want to waste them going to some pre-marital counseling. Any input would be appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Nothing wrong with having a small JOP ceremony in Idaho and a formal reception in FL.

Congratualtions by the way.
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2007, 10:15 PM
    I had a friend that had a private engagement and wedding ceremony and then went on there honeymoon while they we're away they had the pastor announce that they had gotten married and then they held a wedding reception later after they got home and she wore her dress and he wore his tux it was nice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Tell me if this is OK for a wedding [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! OK so the wedding party is tomorrow. My brother in law is getting married. I will not go to the ceramony cause I'm not allowed in the temple because I'm not a member of their religion. But I will be attending the reception. I don't like dresses or skirts. Tell me if this would be nice to...

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

View more questions Search