Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atanner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Thermostat display is blank
    I have a Honeywell programmable thermostat and the display is blank. We had a bad storm and the power went out. I have checked the breaker and reset it. The blower will come on when I switch it to ON, but nothing else works. Can someone help?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Try turning off power to Air handler for maybe 30 seconds.
    I would change battery in Thermostat.

Jun 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Thermostat does not have a battery.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Do you have a multimeter? You need to check for 24 volts at thermostat. I have seen transformers blow with storms. Or you may have a 3amp or 5 amp fuse (looks like auto fuse) in the circiut board inside the airhandler. This fuse could be blown.

Jun 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
    I have 24 volts at the thermostat.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Did you remove power to Air handler and turn back on?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Check for loose connections at the furnace and thermostat, it sounds like you may have a loose 24 volt or common wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Programmable thermostat went blank [ 12 Answers ]

Our thermostat (which has been serving solely as a thermometer since the last time we used the heat in the spring) blanked out yesterday afternoon. I checked the inside temp. during the day, then last evening the face was completely blank. It is completely unresponsive to any button pushing. I...

Blank Thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I had the A/C unit running fine today... then all of a sudden my thermostat went blank... It was raining on and off today here in Plano, Texas... It is a Carrier A/C furnace unit, controlled by a Honeywell Thermostat... This thermostat gets its power from the unit itself... In the...

Honeywell digital thermostat dead/blank [ 2 Answers ]

No flashing or blinking lights or numbers. No read out at all on thermostat. No batteries, it bleeds power off the furnace I believe. York natural gas furnace. I checked the breakers, they are all on. The pilot light is on. This has happened before, about 2 weeks ago. I had a service guy...

Thermistat display goes blank and comes back intermittently. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bryant (Carrier) programmable thermidstat that has worked without problem for 2+ years. The problem is that the LCD and backlight goes out intermittently during the time the system is not running. I have yet to determine the exact sequence of when this happens but without intervention the...

View more questions Search