Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Therefore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2005, 10:27 AM
    Weedeater Featherlite Plus help
    Hello all

I have a Weedeater Featherlite Plus and has been a good tool to me. I have a problem, though. Lately, when I crank the weedeater up and place the lever from half choke to full choke, the weedeater goes from its usual roar, to a hum, even when I push the throttle down all the way, and then a minute or two later, it tends to shut off completely.

I emptied the fuel out of it because I was thinking that maybe the part of the solution had settled to the bottom and all the thing was getting was pure gas. Well, I shook the canister full of the mixture, emptied it into the weedeater, but the weedeater still has problems.

If anyone knows what's wrong, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2005, 07:45 PM
    OK "half choke to full choke" ? Its full choke to half, oil mix stays mixed so don't worry there.. but if its last years mix, throw it into a car or truck when its full, won't hurt nothing that way. Takes 40:1, or 3.2 ounces of poulan mix if your not sure on it, since some mixes are sold as tcw-3 rated... that's for water cooled. And to start it, should take 6 pushes on the primer bulb, pull on it till it starts on full choke, then when it tries to start, switch to half and start it, let it run for a few seconds, then go to off choke. They say through the process to hold down the throttle while starting it, but it actually makes it harder. But still let it run for a few secs till you rev it up. And as for putting them up, use fresh mix when you start the mowing season, and when you do put it up, run it out, or run it every now and then in the winter time. And then again, you say after a couple of minutes... does it smoke heavily?? It may be running too rich, a slight smoking is good. If even then it quits on you, does it start back up after it cools? Could be a failing coil. Also make sure the fuel line inside the tank isn't broken off, though if its new, I wouldn't worry on that.
    my3pedalchevy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 04:47 PM
    OK so I've had the same prob that is being stated here and I thought the same thing so I replace all the fuel lines and put fresh fuel in it, it worked fantastic... er for a week or so, and when I started it up today it did the same thing I went through the process full choke half choke and off, it smoked a little I let it run gradually from low throttle and then half way through and then if I either pulled off the trigger or pulled too much it would shake and shut off and not hardly start.
    So now I've come to the conclusion that I might have to tk the carb out and either rebuild or clean it. I need to find a diagram of the motor to c what I'm getting into, 1 is it worth it, and 2 where can I find a diagram.
    Countryboy7239 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 06:56 PM

Here is an Acrobat site that gives a full diagram of the Featherlite Plus. Everything you need to know about rebuilding it... except what the timing is.

http://www.billious.com/ipls/pwe/XT25.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater FeatherLite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks

Featherlite Weedeater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi:I wonder could someone tell me the proper procedure how to install the fuelline and filter inside the fuel tank on my Featherlite Weedeater? The old fuelline is cracked in several places and need to be replaced.It's the fuelline inside the fueltank.really appreciate it. Thanks Slade.

Featherlite weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has this weedeater and wanting to do something nice for her I was going to us it and weed eat around her place. The thing is this doesn't look like the weedeaters I'm used to I can't find out how to get the bloody line in. My mom not knowing either. I read about it being bump and go,...

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

Weedeater featherlite [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change the head. I can't find my manual. I want to put the plastic blades on it. I don't see any bolts or anything to take off. Can someone please help me.

View more questions Search