Ask
    rambo2282 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
    401k plan
    How do I find my past job's 401k that I still have
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
    1. Look on your old statements to find contact information for the plan administrator. You should be receiving updates at least quarterly as long as you have money invested in the odl 401(k).
    2. Failing that, call your old employer and ask how to find your account information.
    3. Another thought - if the administrator has lost track of you, they may have listed your assets as unclaimed property in your state. Every state has a program to allow people to see whether there is any unclaimed property in their name - do a Google search on "unclaimed property" together with the name of your state, and then follow the directions for your particular state.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Ask the previous job. Also all pension plans have to file with the SSA so you may be able to get the info from them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My new employer has no 401k plan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I hope this question is relevant for this forum. I got laid off from my employer in Aug, where we had a 401k plan, in which I have put in less than the annual IRS limit of $14k. Let's say I only put in $9k. My new employer does not have a 401k yet. So is there anyway I can still put...

Using 401K Plan [ 2 Answers ]

We were financially set back several years ago, due to my husband getting injured at work and previous child support. We have most of our bills paid up. But we are living in a 2-bedroom trailer with 4 children including two teenagers. We can't get a loan without cleaning more of the credit up and a...

Withdrawing from 401K Plan [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that with the new laws from the Penion Protection Act of 2006, I can withdraw some of my money and rollover to into an IRA with no separation of service? Is this true?

How to get interest from 401K plan if under 59? [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone aware of a way to use the interest from a 401K plan for a person Not of retirement age? I currently lost my job, and I was wondering if there is a way to directly get Access to the interest that the 401K plan is earning, or if it possible to Transfer the 401K money to another...

Chapter 13, 401K and 529 plan [ 1 Answers ]

Currently filed a chapter 13 plan and I want to know if I'm able to contribute to my 401k or a 529 for my newborn. In addition, with horrible credit and a decent rate on my current mortgage can I do a refi?

View more questions Search