Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldeitell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 11:26 AM
    A/C blows hot air
    I have a two year old Bryant package unit 582ANW0420. Nothing but trouble with the unit. This was installed by warranty company and they say only warranty remaining is if problem is compressor or fan. Last year the house (which is in the hot San Fernando Valley and 1300 sq ft) would hold temperature of 74 degrees. Since May the air coming out of unit when you put thermometer into vent is blowing out at 72 no matter where unit is set and house does not cool below 84 degrees. I have had two service calls. First time replaced thermostat. Last time I was told that the ducts were the problem and that they needed replacing (not covered and cost $2,500). We replaced all ducts. Also added frion. Still blowing air at 72degrees out of vent. I am desperate and broke - what else could be causing this problem please??
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 11:28 AM
    If the unit is out of or running low on freon it will cause the air to come out hot. This has happened to me more than once...
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 05:58 PM
    The blower may need to be put on a lower speed, if the air is going across the coil to fast it could also cause this problem...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump Thermostat Set to Cool, Blows Hot Air [ 6 Answers ]

Having a problem with my heat pump system. The thermostat is set to cool but the unit is blowing hot air. If it has been turned off for awhile and we turn it back on to cool (fan set to auto), it will blow at what seems to be room temperature for awhile (5-20 minutes) and then turns to hot air...

My furnace only blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a townhouse, and last weekend the furnace worked fine. Now, all that I get out of the registers is cool air. The furnace ran almost all night, but no warm air at all. What might the problem be?

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

View more questions Search