Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ripken08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Above Ground Pool
    I have a 20' above ground pool - approximately 4 years old. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that on 1 section of the liner, wrinkles have started to appear and that the liner itself bumps out a little more toward the top of the pool than in other sections. The wrinkles may have been there before, but I have never noticed them. Seems that a few extra wrinkles have appeared in the past few days. Should I be concerned ? How do I correct or do I address when I get ready to close the pool ?
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 19, 2007, 08:49 AM
    The wrinkles in your pool may have been there all along, or they may have developed recently - either is possible. If your water chemistry is too far off, specifically the PH, this can cause your liner to form wrinkles. The newly formed wrinkles would not tend to be localized, but would instead appear in multiple and random locations primarily on the floor.

Unless the wrinkles are a major fold in the liner they are cosmetic only and should not significantly decrease the longevity of your liner life. You can try to minimize any major wrinkles by using a toilet plunger to grab the liner adjacent to the fold and pull away from the wrinkle.

The other possible method to develop wrinkles is to drain or partially drain your pool and then re-fill. This often will result in new wrinkles forming. In terms or your liner "bumping out" towards the top, please feel free to expand on this as it is not entirely clear what situation you are describing.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under above ground pool goes. [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I put up a 15' above-ground pool. I do not have any great level spot in the yard but found an area that worked okay. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom of a slope... so it stays wet easily. This year, I'm wondering what to put under it besides the tarp-thing that came with it. If I made a...

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

How do you electrically install an above ground pool

In ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have opened(removed cover) my inground pool for the summer and discovered that there are 4 creases in the bottom. Can you assist in an explanation on why this would happen. They are about 3-4 ft long and 1/8" wide in different areas.

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

View more questions Search