Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARRIP3 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Credit Card Debt
    I am currently working with a Debt consultants ccms to pay off my credit card debts
    When signing with this company I was two months behind
    The credit card company chase as not yet agreed to their proposal. I am still currently 2 payments behind with them. However through this Debt Consultant company they have started to receive payments from them two to be exact. When I received my statements from chase this month I am still behind however their showing my interest rate at zero.
    Should I take this as a good sign that they are going to work with me to pay off this debt instead of sueing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2007, 09:42 AM
    I would say so. If they have set your interest rate to 0 they would seem to be accepting the deal offered by the counselor.

Jun 18, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Thank you for your response I was hoping that would be the answer. I am scared to death of being sued. I made the mistake of going with a debt settlement company before I went with the debt management company. I owe the money and want to pay it off and the payments at ccms will allow me to pay off my entire dept within 48 months. I was scared because only being in the program for 2 months the chase said they would not accept the proposal until I became current which I can't do. So when I saw the interest at 0% I was hoping they were working with me instead of pursuing a law suit. I felt if they were going to go that route they still would be adding on interest and late fees which they don't seem to be doing. My last two payments have actually come off my balance

Jun 18, 2007, 10:35 AM
    If the full payment came off the balance, they are working with you.

Jul 17, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Yes the full payment came off my balance. And I am with in a debt management program, however the credit card companies attorney's are still threatening a law suit. Have contacted an attorney he suggested before filing chapter 13 that he would contact the credit card companies attorneys and explain that I am willing to file if they pursue a law suit. What would they possible gain by pursueing the law suit against me. Through the DMP they are getting their payments each month, quite a lot of money and through chapter 13 they will probably receive less because I would have to list all my debts then.
    Thought the DMP they will be paid in full in less than four years. So why would the pursue a law suit?

Jul 17, 2007, 07:17 AM
    You have to ask them

Jul 18, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Comments on this post
    MARRIP3 disagrees
    I thought he would give some opinion but he didn't

May I call your attention to the guidelines for using the Comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

You may have hoped for an opinion, but that's my choice if I wanted to read the creditor's mind. Since I agree with you that it doesn't make sense, you would have to ask them. You have a strange way of thanking someone who tried to help you.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Jul 18, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I think some times people want to hear some one else say what they are wanting to hear and when they don't they get a little miffed Does this make sense? {now this is only my opinion}

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Old credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

I have an account that has not had any activity on it since 2/02. No payment was made on this account for about 6 months prior to that. I ran into financial difficulties because of medical reasons and had a loss of income. Recently another company has contacted me concerning this account because...

Credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I lost my job an I;m being sued for credit card debt what do I do?

Old credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a old credit card debt made by family members, from maybe 8 to ten years ago. Someone called by family and informed then at a warrant had been issued for my arrest and that I need to contact them.I called and I was going to pay it, the guy scared me by asking only for my bank account...

Credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

In 2000 my Providian card was put over its limit by a late fee. When I talked to the company about this they were very nasty and kept charging my account with late fees (and it was only late once) and now over the limit fees. My point is it would not have been over its limit if they would've...

View more questions Search