Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SPociask Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Sign Industry Wind Load Charts, Sign Section Modulus Charts
    Recently I've been designing commercial electrical signs. Signs of the type that are on tall poles, or the big pylons and monuments you see in shopping centers, roadsides, etc. lit by neon and/or fluorescent lighting.

In order to properly choose the size of poles, and the depth and diameters of concrete footings for these poles, I use various reference charts such as Section Modulus Charts and Caisson Footing Charts (enter Height to Center of Sign, and Square Foot Area of Sign to get the required Section Modulus, Required Footing Size, proper anchor rod sizes, etc).

The problem is that all the charts I can find only go up to 300 square feet and 75 feet in height. Beyond that, I have to extrapolate. As we are beginning to build signs that are 1000 square feet or more, I'd rather not rely on my ability to extrapolate in order to make pole and foundation recommendations. I am not the final authority on the specs that I suggest, but initial designs do come from me and I'd prefer them to be as accurate as possible, of course.

Does anyone know where I can access charts that go beyond the limits that I've stated?

I'm in the SW United States but we build signs all over the western half of the country.

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Wind Load [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to calculate the wind load for a sign that is going in at my Dad' office. I don't have a copy of the International Building Code, or ASCE 7.02. The sign is 7' x 2', with 4 4"x6"'s that will hold up the sign in 2' concrete. The sign itself is 14 ft^2, and I came up...

Fiquring Wind Load [ 2 Answers ]

Have set up a small Fire Training Facility in Florida and have been asked to give the side wind load in MPH. Unit is 4 steel ocean containers stacked two high side by side and welded together and welded to concrete piers that are 36" deep and 19" in diameter. Whole unit set up is 17' tall x 16'...

Wind load [ 1 Answers ]

How can I calculate wind load on anchor bolts for chain link fence posts? Then, how to calculate same load if posts are anchored and buried in 30" of concrete?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.