Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pklocek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Can my boss ask me if I plan on quiting my job?
    :confused: :mad: Can my boss ask me if I plan on quiting my job? If so, how should I respond to him. He will ask this question every couple of weeks, because of rumors he will hear. I think it is inappropriate! What should I tell him?
    Thanks
    P
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jun 18, 2007, 07:26 AM
    After the first couple of times I'd be inclined to stand up for myself and ask "why do you want to know?" This obviously depends on the type of boss you have. If you have a boss that you can "talk" to then you should be OK, if your boss is a miserable sh!t (and believe me they are out there) they may get uppity about your "attitude".

Maybe another tack would be to turn the question back to the boss and say something like "I'm curious why you keep asking. Do you want me to hand in my notice or is there a chance of a promotion? Are you thinking of sending me on a course?"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2007, 09:48 AM
    I don't think there are any rules against it. I would simply say to the boss that you have no plans currently to quit. But assure him that if you do decide to quit you will give sufficient notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talking to boss about hated changes to job [ 4 Answers ]

Okay... I need advice. How can I tell my boss that I hate my job? I mean HATE it. I loved it when I started, and now I dread going in every day. When I started, I did some data entry, some paperwork, and answered phones, and generally just helped out where needed around the office. Now...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

Quiting Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I am 22 and I have been smoking since I was 15. I quit once for about a month and that wasn't that hard to get that first week out of the way, but I was silly and had one now and then before I knew it I was smoking again. I really need to quit, I can't help myself, I have a cigarette and sit...

Trying to please the boss [ 2 Answers ]

Help please - I love to cook- all sorts of foods and my boss knows this and know he has asked me to make something from his past and I can't find a rec. for it anywhere - The name of it is Sarmoli Momaliga (its a romaninan dish ) Im sure I spelled it totally wrong but you get the idea ....

How to plan gas pipe job to hook-up tankless hot water heaters [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Ask Me Help Desk, I am installing two Paloma 200K BTU tankless hot water heaters in our L-Shaped 2900 square feet 1963-built rancher in Atlanta, GA. I am trying to decide if I should tackle the gas line part of the job. I have successfully done a number of small gas jobs which required...

View more questions Search