Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Is God Just One ?
    In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 02:36 AM
    You have posed a good question. But, in my opinion, I'm not so sure that it belongs in the Philosophy section of this site. You might want to consider reposting it on the following link as it may be more likely to get more noticed there. Not that it won't here. But, I am aware of the slim history of people looking to answer questions on the Philosophy section of this site.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 04:41 AM
    You might want to see this thread,
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...tml#post241496
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You have posed a good question. But, in my opinion, I'm not so sure that it belongs in the Philosophy section of this site. You might want to consider reposting it on the following link as it may be more likely to get more noticed there. Not that it won't here. But, I am aware of the slim history of people looking to answer questions on the Philosophy section of this site.

Thanks for reminding me ! I have repost it to other religion.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Could a mod move this to other religion, and tidy up my own and clough's comments appropriately, please?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 18, 2007, 05:24 AM
    All moved
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 05:26 AM
    I guess the question as to one or many gods will well depend on your belief.

To most it is only "their" god that is the one and only true god, to others they may have several gods and see others gods as possible but lesser gods.

Historically the only three gods that can be linked would be those of the Jewish fath, the Muslim faith and Christianity. Since for all of them, their god has the same start and base from the old testement and the god of the Hewbrew people. But of course for many people in each of those faiths, there is little acceptance of the others as being the valid god.

Why, because one has to view that man has always had a desire to worship and have been looking for something.

I will not get into my god is better than your god here, and will ask others not to either, but to only follow the idea and theme of the post.
    Since of course we all believe our god is the best one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388
    In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna....... Why are there so many Gods ?
    There is only one in my way of thinking, but everyone wants you to think your crazy if you don't worship "their" God.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Hey,
    You are thinker and you are questioning the very reason of our existence on this earth.

Isn't it obvious it is us humans who have made up so many gods/goddesses as we moved around the earth.
    Humans beings see the natural world and when they see trees/water/animals they fear these creatures instead of the Creator.
    If there were more than one creator would not there be fights among the creators and the universe and all that exists on this earth will not run as smoothly as it is running.
    for example The sun god will crash it into the moon god and all the other planet gods will get angry and throw each others planets and the earth will be no more (as the Suns distance from the moon is what determines the earths temperatures and keeps all life alive on our planet).
    Would you believe that when you see a computer that it made up itself from a scrap heap?No, you will conclude that someone made it and made it workable,likewise the universe could not have created itself with all the right amounts of oxygen in the air, the exact orbit for planets, the fish having gills,the birds having wings,humans having brains (and so much research has not still found out how the brain stores so much info without overloading)!!
    Draw your own conclusions, if there were more than one god wouldn't there be chaos in the creation? Of course human beings create their own confusion as they are the ones not sure of who to follow, all other created beings acknowledge the Creator and bow down only to His will.

Regards
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
    If God is an infinite being then there can be only one God. More than one cannot be infinite.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    If God is an infinite being then there can be only one God. More than one cannot be infinite.
    What? Why not?
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Would you believe that when you see a computer that it made up itself from a scrap heap?No, you will conclude that someone made it and made it workable,likewise the universe could not have created itself with all the right amounts of oxygen in the air, the exact orbit for planets, the fish having gills,the birds having wings,humans having brains (and so much research has not still found out how the brain stores so much info without overloading)!!!
    Yet people still believe that God made himself out of nothing? Can we have some consistency here please, one thing is allowed to make itself and another isn't?
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Of course God was created :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu
    Yet people still believe that God made himself out of nothing? Can we have some consistency here please, one thing is allowed to make itself and another isnt?
    That's a funny way of saying it.:).

I believe God was never made (out of nothing or out of anything),
    God always existed and always will, without a beginning and an end.

And that is the only consistency, that I believe...
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
    God always existed and always will, without a beginning and an end.
    Why can you not believe that the universe has always existed and always will? Why is that less believable than an eternal god?
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Why can you not believe that the universe has always existed and always will? why is that less believable than an eternal god?
    Because I believe in the Quran.:)
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Why can you not believe that the universe has always existed and always will? why is that less believable than an eternal god?
    Very few, if any scientists, now doubt the big bang theory, which indicates that the universe had a definite beginning before which it did not exist. Science cannot answer what existed before the big bang, but some postulate an eternal singularity. However, were it eternal, it would still be a singularity. Anything that science can theorize about what was before the big bang is just that, a theory. Belief in God, too is just a theory, but one I subscribe to.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Because I believe in the Quran.:)
    This is one thing I fear I will never understand. "Because a book tells me to" isn't very convincing to me.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    Very few, if any scientists, now doubt the big bang theory, which indicates that the universe had a definite beginning before which it did not exist.
    I don't think that big bang theory posits what was before the big bang as you suggest. It describes well what happened after the big bang but not before. What came before is in alternate theories, and there are many of them and none of which have a particular majority. (the most supported hypothesis is that there was nothing before the big bang, like you say, but it's not a very convincing answer, and people mainly believe it because there are no other well supported theories at the moment. However, there are several hypotheses that are gaining more ground).
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
    This is one thing I fear I will never understand. "Because a book tells me to" isn't very convincing to me.
    I knew you would say this:)
    But you did ask "why" and that there is my reason.

---
    Here's a link, hopefully you will better understand my views even if you do not believe them.:)
    http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/pat...adise/id1.html
    --------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

God or Not? [ 30 Answers ]

Is it allowed for us to debate over the creation/evolution? Or if there is a God, or if Allah is God? If not, post your personal beliefs and why you believe that. I thought I Was Lutheran-Christian, but when I was confirmed, I truly asked myself "Why do I believe this?" And my only answer was...

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search