Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malycious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
    In my opinion I do believe that it could be the end of all things. Change is among us all for example the change of presidency in the US. For the first time in history a man of color is in the seat of power. Many things are going to change and many consequences of this will follow. The consequences may not exactly be bad but this is a big change. Its something I will say no one saw coming or expect. Change is among us and perhaps this change may bring about the end of days as we know them. Time does have to end eventually. An energy source that forces time to pass must run out sooner or later nothing last forever. We can speak of god and religions but the proof is in the pudding. Unless it can be proved beyond a doubt I do believe the end itself may come. I myself am no genius or mathematical genius. But when it comes down to it most things are a prediction and only time itself can tell what is to come or not so we can all just wait and see for ourselves. We can experience the changes and evolve to them of the evolution can cease to exist and fault from reality but to my understanding everything must come to an end eventually...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2008, 05:08 PM

It won't be the end.
    Some say it will be a new beginning OR the beginning of the end but it is not the end. At least not 12/21/12.
    Maybe possibly 12/21/21 but not 12/21/12
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 17, 2008, 10:48 PM
    From what I looked at I found that nearly 5000 years ago the long count or third and last calendar of the Ancient Mayans ends on Dec 21 2012. There isn't much information as to what the Mayans thought would occur in 2012. During the Spanish Conquest many records where burned by a Spanish Priest claiming that the human sacrifices and ceremonies where the devils work. This collapsed civilization showed evidence of intelligence as the Greeks and Egyptians... somehow it was all lost but when a German Scholar cracked the code of some of the records remaining (calenders) back in the 1800's he found it had more information about the planets and astrological elements... structures and that the code followed our new modern day calender thus coming up with December 21, 2012. I don't believe that it is a religious end of the world Judgment Day (I am Catholic) but in my heart I just don't feel that it is a day the living and the dead rise together to be judged on that day... but the end will be near once the world has been divided with and between politics and religion wage to war. The war in heaven... the first war and the war of heaven and hell on earth... for an end to the old and a new beginning... a new earth. Humans destroy themselves... I think we are the most self destructive species on earth... look at what we do... we are worse then any animal thanks to our intelligence and ability to evolve scientifically and technologically. So back to the calender... I would like to consider that it would not be the end of the world and nothing is going to happen but if something did happen then I would consider it would be a day of great change maybe even catastrophic change for humanity and earth. There is evidence of planets colliding and stuff like that so here are some possibilities I found:

-Flu Pandemic
    -Nuclear or Biological War
    -Nanotechnology
    -Nuclear Accident
    -Genetic Modification (Technological Advances - Clones)
    -Nearby Supernova
    -Explosion from the black hole at the center of our galaxy - read about how something similar could have caused the recent tsunami
    -Gamma Ray Burst
    -Asteroid/Meteor/Comet
    -Coronal Mass Ejection (CRE) from our Sun
    -Cosmic Rays
    -Solar System Falls Apart (butterfly effect)
    -Magnetic Pole Shift
    -Crustal Pole Shift
    -Global Warming

Not sure but there will be the end of the world but rather a change... remember it is never the end of the world only the beginning to a new one :).

This is only an idea though.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 01:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxaprilwine View Post
    From what I looked at I found that nearly 5000 years ago the long count or third and last calendar of the Ancient Mayans ends on Dec 21 2012. There isn't much information as to what the Mayans thought would occur in 2012. During the Spanish Conquest many records where burned by a Spanish Priest claiming that the human sacrifices and ceremonies where the devils work. This collapsed civilization showed evidence of intelligence as the Greeks and Egyptians...somehow it was all lost but when a German Scholar cracked the code of some of the records remaining (calenders) back in the 1800's he found it had more information about the planets and astrological elements...structures and that the code followed our new modern day calender thus coming up with December 21, 2012. I don't believe that it is a religious end of the world Judgment Day (I am Catholic) but in my heart I just don't feel that it is a day the living and the dead rise together to be judged on that day...but the end will be near once the world has been divided with and between politics and religion wage to war. The war in heaven...the first war and the war of heaven and hell on earth...for an end to the old and a new beginning...a new earth. Humans destroy themselves...I think we are the most self destructive species on earth...look at what we do...we are worse then any animal thanks to our intelligence and ability to evolve scientifically and technologically. So back to the calender...I would like to consider that it would not be the end of the world and nothing is going to happen but if something did happen then I would consider it would be a day of great change maybe even catastrophic change for humanity and earth. There is evidence of planets colliding and stuff like that so here are some possibilities I found:

-Flu Pandemic
    -Nuclear or Biological War
    -Nanotechnology
    -Nuclear Accident
    -Genetic Modification (Technological Advances - Clones)
    -Nearby Supernova
    -Explosion from the black hole at the center of our galaxy - read about how something similar could have caused the recent tsunami
    -Gamma Ray Burst
    -Asteroid/Meteor/Comet
    -Coronal Mass Ejection (CRE) from our Sun
    -Cosmic Rays
    -Solar System Falls Apart (butterfly effect)
    -Magnetic Pole Shift
    -Crustal Pole Shift
    -Global Warming

Not sure but there will be the end of the world but rather a change...remember it is never the end of the world only the beginning to a new one :).

This is only an idea though.
    They believed that the previous world ended at the 13th baktun, not ours. In fact one of the kings wrote about the celebration of the 80th anniversary of his accession in 4337 - showing that he didn't believe that the world would end before then.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 18, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    They believed that the previous world ended at the 13th baktun, not ours. In fact one of the kings wrote about the celebration of the 80th anniversary of his accession in 4337 - showing that he didn't believe that the world would end before then.
    That may be true... I have no idea :). That does make me feel better though :).
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Nov 28, 2008, 07:12 AM

If it's the end of the mayan calendar than it could just mean the end of time and not the end of our lives, maybe more a change of our world and ourselves. Maybe we will meet ourselves and we will have to reset ourselves (just like a computer has to once in a while) to delete all the useless files that's keeping us from running smoothly. To me time is a system to keep us enslaved.

Time seems to be invented by draconis (the serpent often referred to as the beast-the number 666) who also were the masters of mathmetics, they made time and a clock (the northern starclock).
    Crichton E M Miller explains, it is quite simple after you recognise the constellations in the northern hemisphere, go to Polaris the current pole star in the tail of the Little Bear which is at 90º. Deduct half the tilt of the earth which is 23.4º from the 90º and you are left with 66.6º.
    Draw an imaginary line from the centre of the earth into outer space bisecting the earths surface and you will find the ecliptic pole in the first coil of the constellation Draconis.

The ancients used a plumb line along with the cross which is really the Philosophers stone much sought after by Grail Hunters who think that to find the stone one must go to the centre of the earth and back again.
    The Serpent is always above latitude 66.6º North and this is why the Vikings in Norway which is centred on 66.6º have the Serpent as their symbol and the early pre Viking Christian Churches at that latitude are decorated completely with Serpent signs. Harald Boehlke. Det Norske Pentagram. 1996 These are those early Christians that once knew the system and were evicted from Ireland by St Patrick, Ireland's Roman Catholic Patron Saint.

THe lost mayan civilization seem to have vibrated their cells in such a way that they became invisible.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by black111madonna View Post
    If its the end of the mayan calendar than it could just mean the end of time and not the end of our lives, maybe more a change of our world and ourselves. Maybe we will meet ourselves and we will have to reset ourselves (just like a computer has to once in a while) to delete all the useless files thats keeping us from running smoothly. To me time is a system to keep us enslaved.

Time seems to be invented by draconis (the serpent often referred to as the beast-the number 666) who also were the masters of mathmetics, they made time and a clock (the northern starclock).
    Crichton E M Miller explains, it is quite simple after you recognise the constellations in the northern hemisphere, go to Polaris the current pole star in the tail of the Little Bear which is at 90º. Deduct half the tilt of the earth which is 23.4º from the 90º and you are left with 66.6º.
    Draw an imaginary line from the centre of the earth into outer space bisecting the earths surface and you will find the ecliptic pole in the first coil of the constellation Draconis.

The ancients used a plumb line along with the cross which is really the Philosophers stone much sought after by Grail Hunters who think that to find the stone one must go to the centre of the earth and back again.
    The Serpent is always above latitude 66.6º North and this is why the Vikings in Norway which is centred on 66.6º have the Serpent as their symbol and the early pre Viking Christian Churches at that latitude are decorated completely with Serpent signs. Harald Boehlke. Det Norske Pentagram. 1996 These are those early Christians that once knew the system and were evicted from Ireland by St Patrick, Ireland's Roman Catholic Patron Saint.

THe lost mayan civilization seem to have vibrated their cells in such a way that they became invisible.
    You should check this with an almanac, it might be exactly 66.6 on dec 21 2012!! Let me know your conclusions.
    scottishdrunk23 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2008, 03:48 PM

They mayans are probably laughing now saying "we just put some random date so we wouldnt have to worry about it!".I mean come on everyone thought we were going to die on 2000 and then again on 2001.
    willchuk67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 01:26 PM

On dec 21 2012 at around 6 pm our solar system will cross the equater of the galixie. What this means I have no idea. But some believe that this will cause the magnetic poles will shift. And that may efect how it protects the earth from the sun. but the truth is nobody really knows. It only happens on average every 250000 years. Some scientists think it has already began to shift.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 05:13 PM

The entire planet above the equator will become dark as night. Then I can finally get some real sleep.
    malenymph13 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2009, 09:02 PM

2012 is not going to be the demise of the world! In fact, it is a bogus theory which is continuously supported by the uneducated. It is simly the year that the Mayans' cellestial calendar restarts. All of the stars will be in the same position as they were in the time of the start of the calendar. At the end of December, is the world going to end because we have reached the end of our calendar... apparently not. Everything travels in cycles and all cycles end where they start and start where they end basic trigonometry. Can you tell me where a circle ends? It doesn't because it is an eternal cycle just like everything else in this world from seasons to PMS to tides. I am sorry to break it to you but 2012 is not going to be a catastrophic doomsday.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 10:41 PM

You mean... we're not going to die?
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 07:36 AM

NO Magprob I believe you will live another good 50 yrs :D
    I believe the 2012 date will have some major significant event but not the end of the world. Maybe the beginning of the end times but not the end.
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malenymph13 View Post
    2012 is not going to be the demise of the world! In fact, it is a bogus theory which is continuously supported by the uneducated. .
    It has been *predicted* by many more than the mayan's
    Nostradomus, the Aztecs and many others

Tonight at 9 pm eastern time the History channel is having a special on all that predicted the 2012 date and what it is suppose to be. Again NOT the end of the world... sorry Magprob!

Jan 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
    [QUOTE=N0help4u;1463411]It has been *predicted* by many more than the mayan's
    Nostradomus, the Aztecs and many others QUOTE]

Nostradomus "predicted" everything he could possibly think of and then they pieced together his many "predictions" into some sort of grand idea. If you predict every possible thing that could happen, something is bound to happen. Also, the mayan's did not predict the end of anything, they merely ended their calandar as we end most of our calendars with December. It will mean that the stars will be the same as they were when the calendar started. Also, the a lot of the ancient cultures went off celestial stuff and in hisory the Mayans and Aztecs are close. Further more if anything exciting, other than the stars aligning with the beginning of the few-thousand-year calander(if you call that exciting), happens (out of human hands of course because people could be planning stuff because we all know how great the human race can be) I will publicly admit I was wrong. I am pretty sure nothing cosmicly catyclysmic will happen though.
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 08:17 PM

Most of what he predicted for 2012 was also predicted by many others and the pyramids and lined up with the stars and galaxy.

Also many today are predicting much of what he said as well.
    Sure if you predict everything some of it may happen but if it happens in the order or time frame you predicted then it makes you more credible.

YouTube - manna fest astronomy

YouTube - manna fest end times

Jan 4, 2009, 08:26 PM

People pieced together his "predictions" so they might seem right but are not necessarily what he said. The pyramids with the galaxy once again cellestial charts in ancient times. Many people today are bogus and crazy. The people of today are also the ones that predicted something crazy would happen when the new mellenium came, nothing happened at all.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 04:02 AM

I never fell for the millennium thing. I don't even believe the global warming scare.
    I do believe a lot of what the Nostradamus documentaries say are pieced together but interesting none the less.
    With all the other predictions from the Bible and everything else I do believe that 2012 is going to be the beginning of the end times but not the end as the predictions are saying.
    I believe it will be something like a meteor shower, a highly unusual eclipse or something with the earth axle
    Shifting severely, for starters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ancient egypt [ 2 Answers ]

If the middle kingdom in ancient egypt was from 2050-1750 BC and new kingdom began in 1550 BC what do we call time in between

Ancient civilizations [ 1 Answers ]

Why were the early chinese unaware of other ancient civilizations in egypt mesopotamia and india? Can you describe three actions the emperor Shi Huangdi took to unite china. Why did the han dynasty promote the ideas of confucius?

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search