Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emporor008 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 11, 2005, 06:15 PM
    If you need help
    If you ever need help in the 400m dash I'm willing to help it's my fav race
    I'm 15 and I rum a time of 48s in it and in the 200 I run 21.98.
    Mim Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Are these stopwatch times or electronic clock times?
    shardea dula Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emporor008
    If you ever need help in the 400m dash im willing to help it's my fav race
    im 15 and i rum a time of 48s in it and in the 200 i run 21.98.
    I'm 15 years old, I really need help on the 400m dash and 200m dash. On my first track meet I had to do 4x200 meter relay, 400m dash I place 3rd and 200m dash I place 1st. I really need help on building up the speed and running form. So can u please help me?
    Mim Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
    1 - Stay loose. Don't get all tensed up.
    2 – If possible get videos of Michael Johnson, Maurice Green, or Justin Gatlin and study their form.
    3 – When you are sprinting, do NOT focus on how fast you are going down the track. Focus on how (your form and technique) you are going down the track.
    4 – Breathing. Take slow, deep, controlled breaths.
    5 – Don't try to do all of these suggestions at one time. Work on these things in practice.
    6 – Determine if you are stronger in the curves or the straightaway in the 200. If you are strong in the curve, run as hard as you can into the curve and try to maintain that speed to the finish line.
    7 – When running the straightaway fix your eyes on a stationary object in front of or at the finish line to keep you head from moving side to side, so that everything maintains a forward motion.
    8 – Never look back. Never ever look back in the 100 or 200m. Looking at your opponents will throw you off.

These are my son's suggestions and things he did to improve his speed. They did work well for him. His 100, 200 and 400m records still stand at his school. Hope this helps. By the way, what is your coach suggesting that you do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search