Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reagan2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 02:49 AM
    Abusive relationship
    I've been seeing a girl for a short while and she is in a abusive relationship. Her story starts this way. Growing up both of her parents were addicted to crack her father stopped but her mother is still in and out of rehab. Her mom was a prostitute for a while to pay for her addiction, And while this was going on her and her sisters where in and out of foster homes and shelters.
    I met this girl through a friend, the first time we met, we hit it off great. I also found out that sameday that she had a boyfriend that hit her, in fact that night she had to go to a friends house because he called her and told her when she came home he was going to kill her. Then a few weeks later her and I and a bunch of people went out one Friday night and the whole time, she kept having to call him to check in or else he would get violent towards her when she got home.
    Then one day she took me out to eat with her father, and her sister and when we got finished eating she dropped me off at home, but she didn't call and check in so when she got home he punched her right in the face. So I asked her "why do you stay with him" and she told me "he helps me pay my bills", so I asked her "do you still love him" and she told me " I dont love him, but i've been with him for 5 years so i do have feelings for him." So one night she refused to have sex with him, so he rapped her and guess what she's still with him.
    She told me one night "i'm falling in love with you" and I asked her "would you leave him for me" and she said yes. But the thing is After all of that and I've seen the bruises and busted lips, I think she still loves him. And the problem is I know I have become attached to her. She still calls me everyday on her lunch break and we text each other every second of the day while she is at work. Another thing is she gets very jealous if I talk to other women, yet she is still with him.
    I think she still loves him, he keeps saying that he wants to marry her and that he wants to have kids with her although he already has 2 kids by 2 different wives. I asked her do you want to have kids with him and she told me no. I asked her would you marry him and she said no after she hesitated.
    So my question is do you think after all of that she still loves him?
    ismescotty22 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 03:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reagan2005
    I've been seeing a girl for a short while and she is in a abusive relationship. Her story starts off this way. Growing up both of her parents were addicted to crack her father stopped but her mother is still in and out of rehab. Her mom was a prostitute for a while to pay for her addiction, And while this was going on her and her sisters where in and out of foster homes and shelters.
    I met this girl through a friend, the first time we met, we hit it off great. I also found out that sameday that she had a boyfriend that hit her, infact that night she had to go to a friends house because he called her and told her when she came home he was going to kill her. Then a few weeks later her and I and a bunch of people went out one Friday night and the whole time, she kept having to call him to check in or else he would get violent towards her when she got home.
    Then one day she took me out to eat with her father, and her sister and when we got finished eating she dropped me off at home, but she didnt call and check in so when she got home he punched her right in the face. So i asked her "why do you stay with him" and she told me "he helps me pay my bills", so i asked her "do you still love him" and she told me " I dont love him, but i've been with him for 5 years so i do have feelings for him." So one night she refused to have sex with him, so he rapped her and guess what shes still with him.
    She told me one night "i'm falling in love with you" and i asked her "would you leave him for me" and she said yes. But the thing is After all of that and i've seen the bruises and busted lips, i think she still loves him. And the problem is i know i have become attached to her. She still calls me everyday on her lunch break and we text each other every second of the day while she is at work. Another thing is she gets very jealous if i talk to other women, yet she is still with him.
    I think she still loves him, he keeps saying that he wants to marry her and that he wants to have kids with her although he already has 2 kids by 2 different wives. I asked her do you want to have kids with him and she told me no. I asked her would you marry him and she said no after she hesitated.
    OK first of all if you can you need 2 kick his as* HITTING GIRLS Isn't RIGHT second you should explain to her that she needs to go to the cops because if he threatened to kill her he might do it in almost all abusive relationships the guy or girl that's doing the abuse claims to love the person and 3 no I don't reallly think she looves him when you ask her she's probably scared of the truth bcus of what he might do to her but you really need to go to the cops
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reagan2005
    I've been seeing a girl for a short while and she is in a abusive relationship. Her story starts off this way. Growing up both of her parents were addicted to crack her father stopped but her mother is still in and out of rehab. Her mom was a prostitute for a while to pay for her addiction, And while this was going on her and her sisters where in and out of foster homes and shelters.
    I met this girl through a friend, the first time we met, we hit it off great. I also found out that sameday that she had a boyfriend that hit her, infact that night she had to go to a friends house because he called her and told her when she came home he was going to kill her. Then a few weeks later her and I and a bunch of people went out one Friday night and the whole time, she kept having to call him to check in or else he would get violent towards her when she got home.
    Then one day she took me out to eat with her father, and her sister and when we got finished eating she dropped me off at home, but she didnt call and check in so when she got home he punched her right in the face. So i asked her "why do you stay with him" and she told me "he helps me pay my bills", so i asked her "do you still love him" and she told me " I dont love him, but i've been with him for 5 years so i do have feelings for him." So one night she refused to have sex with him, so he rapped her and guess what shes still with him.
    She told me one night "i'm falling in love with you" and i asked her "would you leave him for me" and she said yes. But the thing is After all of that and i've seen the bruises and busted lips, i think she still loves him. And the problem is i know i have become attached to her. She still calls me everyday on her lunch break and we text each other every second of the day while she is at work. Another thing is she gets very jealous if i talk to other women, yet she is still with him.
    this is hard but..i think she may have some feelings for him if she doesnt leave him. maybe she is scared that he will hurt her if she leaves him. that maybe the feeling that she feels taht if she leaves he will hurt her. she maybe scared & doesnt want to get hurt again like she did.
    flow_girl Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 07:34 PM
    She does know the things his doing are wrong. But apart from being scared, she still wants to hold out hope. Hope that things might change around however grim they are. That he'll become good again and that everything will go back to nomral, when they first got together. She doesn't love him but there still will be an attachment. He was there for her in the beginning at a time when her family situation was crumbling. The good thing is that you can be there for her now. To support her as a friend and one day maybe something more. She needs your help and once she's left this relationship, she can hopefully be at peace and be happy.
    Bizy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 04:46 AM
    I've been that girl and yes it's a scary stition the fear alone will stop you from seeking help and getting out. I find it a hard thing to explain. Be there for her and definitely get the cops involved. She needs to get out of that stition and fast if you have any questions to ask me feel free to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get out of an abusive relationship. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new here. I've been requested this site from some friends. I've been told it's given great advice. Anyway, my first question would have to be, How do you get out of an abusive relationship without being killed pretty much. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 6 1/2...

Am I heading to an emotional abusive relationship? Again! [ 1 Answers ]

I met my boyfriend accidentally at a local restaurant while waiting for a table 10 months ago, after 3 months dating without any kiss or sex we decided it to make it official and exclusive and after the third month we kissed and we started to spend more time together, he works night shifts (12...

Is the following abusive... [ 15 Answers ]

Is the following abusive... 1) name-calling, swearing, screaming, criticizing, threatening 2)digging nails, choking (very lightly from the back of your neck and you can still breathe), hitting, biting, slapping, and then saying that hurting is legal It's too bad I have a lawyer as a...

Abusive relationship [ 10 Answers ]

I'm currently in an abusive relationship... you see my man (we'll just call him kreep) is a very very jealous and controlling guy. Since we've been together, all it has been was him being decieving... he has cheated on me,from what I know a total of 3 times... 2 with two different so called friends...

Back to an Abusive Relationship with Ex [ 10 Answers ]

I was in a similar relationship like another member here has had. In may relationship I was dating a girl for several months who was in an abusive relationship with her ex. We started dating after one night she called me to pick her up because her boyfriend at the time pushed her on the floor and...

View more questions Search