Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0o0carol0o0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Citizens and government
    Is it possible for citizens to influence decisions of government and corporations?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Yeah!
    What do you think?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 09:18 PM
    That's sort of the point of voting...
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jun 17, 2007, 09:53 PM
    I think he means beyond voting, as in having your voice heard.
    Im fairly naïve, so I believe that one person can make a difference, there has been small, isolated happenings that have radically changed things, I just can't think of any right now, they are on the tip of my tongue. Some influential individuals would include Civil rights activists, who are beyond the government, but have made a huge difference. Like that femenist chick, steve irwin has made a huge difference recently, having spread huge amounts of awareness for issues to do with thhe environment, and he isn't in the government. So maybe, you can make a difference, you just got to get your voice heard! My personal belief is, as long as you make a difference to one person, you've done a good job.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2008, 10:44 PM
    It happens all the time. People write letters to their elected officials and vote out of office people who don't do what a majority of voters want. Corporations rise and fall based upon the decisions consumers make as to whether to buy their products or services.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 30, 2008, 12:12 AM
    Haven't you ever heard an elected oficial cite the fact there had been a great deal of e-mail/phone calls/etc to support or not a particular piece of legislation? Get enough people to complain about a product or the way it's advertised and the comp changes/withdraws/etc. The problem is getting enough folks to actually express their opinion in a way that's heard by the target.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying government tax sale foreclosures [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I will be going to attent auction fir buying government tax sale foreclosures. However I have some questions: 1. If the previous owner still have mortgage left or equity loan on it, who would be responsible for it? 2. If the previous owner still live there, how do I get them out of there?...

Government student loan [ 2 Answers ]

My concern is that my husband at the time (divorced now). Set up a student loan account with Sallie Mae, a stafford government loan. I never co-signed for this loan and the divorce decree states that he is responsible for paying this debt. The problem is that I am getting harassing phone calls...

Government [ 1 Answers ]

What are types of laws that Virginia has that California does not have to follow?

Citizens input [ 1 Answers ]

Which tends to be most responsive to citizens input? Local Government State government Federal government An international agency

Citizens [ 1 Answers ]

The importance of a function of a citizen

View more questions Search