Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theshines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Mower blades won't disengage
    I have a MTD yard machine and the mower blades will engage but won't disengage. Any help on what could be wrong would be appreciated.
    bigroc28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 10:24 AM
    I have a murray 12hp 38" mower but the blades won't engage.I have replaced the belt and blades still won't engage.Any help on what could be wrong?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Sounds As Though You Need To Look At The Deck And Where You See The Pulleys In The Center , Spray A Good Quality Lubricant On The Arm And Try And Move It, You Could Also Have A Spring Missing, Or Disconnected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn tractor blades won't disengage [ 1 Answers ]

The blades on my Craftsman Lawn tractor 917.270860 won't disengage. I looked at my buddies craftsman and it appears that the clutch cable is not moving the pulley to disengage the blade belt, I guess it is frozen. How do I remedy this? Pete

Blades will not disengage [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Mode# 917.256522 and the blades will not disengage. The lever will not travel completely to the disengage point and feels to bind. I cannot see where it is binding. Any ideas on how to fix this problems? Thanks

Craftsman mower won't disengage [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2004 craftsman 18 hp LT1000 lawn tractor with a 42" mowing deck. For some reason the mower will not disengage when I release the handle. I can get it to work sometimes if I slap the handle out of the slot quickly or if I raise the deck all the way up and bump it a little. I have cleaned...

Reverse threading on mower blades [ 1 Answers ]

Are Blades on lawnmowers Murray select riding mower specifically, reverse threaded. Icannot get the nuts off to change the blades. Thank you

Mower blades won't disengage... any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mid 90's MTD (Lowes label) that I bought on Craig's List. It runs fine, but just started acting strange. When I pull the handle (the one that lowers the deck) back, the blades are supposed to stop, but mine doesn't. They do slow down, but not too much. Any ideas?

View more questions Search