Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdonehoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 02:55 PM
    SMC Ceiling Fan
    I have a ceiling fan.
    The logo on the pull cord of the switch says SMC

I need to replace the 2-wire switch that controls the light.

Where do I find the part?

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Most all home stores will have a universal pull switch in the aisle with replacement blades and down rods. Take the old switch with you so you match it.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Very universal part available at any hardware store. Doesn't have to be an SMC part.

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More
    trucknts Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 10:39 PM
    The best way is to take the old one with you to your local Home Depot and match it because there's different types. Make a diagram of the wire connections so when you put the new one on you wire it the same way. And remember to always turn off power first. If you forget wich one is the hot, use a light tester to find the hot wire. Good luck.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 06:32 PM
    There are actually NOT different types of two-wire pullchains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search