Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Black_Rose123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 01:07 PM
    How to convince my mom to let me to get my tongue pierced.

Ok, my mom said that I can get my tongue pierced when I turn 16. But I want to get it done for my 14 birthday in four months. I have spent hours On the internet researching about pros and cons, possible outcomes, what do look for in a shop and piercer, and aftercare. I also have read MILLIONS of stories by people who have gotten there tongue pireced. I just don't know how to ask her/explain to her, HELP!!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
    If she said you can get it when you're 16, I'd be patient and wait. Most mother's aren't even that flexible. Don't agitate the situation and she'll be more likely to keep her word when you turn 16. And don't try to get someone else to sign you off for it and do it behind your mother's back. I did that when I was 17 and my mother was not a happy camper.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jun 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Black Rose, consider yourself very fortunate and your mother a pretty liberal easy going mom - DON'T PUSH IT! She has her rules, you don't have to like them, you just have to accept them and obey them, period. Even if they don't sound reasonable to you, even if all your friends are doing it, even if...

When you grow up and have your own kids in your own house, you can make up any rules you want and then they will have to follow them because they are dependent on you and living under your roof.

Please don't give your mom another ounce of grief over this. She's your mom, she loves you and has taken pretty darn good care of you your whole life. She has a roof over your head and food in your belly, don't cause drama over the little things, just chill and when you see her next, give her a big hug and big kiss and thank her for everything she does for you and just forget about this whole thing until you're 16.

If you were my daughter you'd be getting it when you were grown up and living on your own!
    MiMiFBABii Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 12:35 AM

You shouldn't get it done at all.. its not worth it it didn't hurt getting it done at all but after your tongue swells and you can't eat don't believe what people tell you about the vains and you could die that's a slim chance just let her talk 2 some one that pierces them I let my mom do that and it worked because he told her he pirced a girls tongue in 8 different places at 1 time! And he said he been doing them 4 18years and he does them in less them 2 seconds! So do that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing.how do I convince my mom [ 66 Answers ]

okay so here's the deal, I'm 14 and my mom let me get my belly button pierced 2 years ago... I personally think piercings are a good way to express yourself.. I would like a tongue piercing and a tattoo maybe a nose piercing just a stud though... I will wait until I'm older for my nose n my tattoo...

Burned Tongue [ 1 Answers ]

I burned my tongue with Listerine, and I can't taste certain foods, and the inside of my mouth has a metallic taste, what can be done about this?

Convince the father [ 9 Answers ]

Im 5 mo pregnant and the father thinks its not his ,how can I convince him that it is?:confused:

View more questions Search