Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadelduca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Learning disabilities ADD
    My son is a struggling 21 year old college student. He has been having a difficult time staying focused and on task resulting in poor grades. We have tried conventinal medications, Concerta and Ritalin. The side effects, sleeplessness irritabiltiy, and loss of appitite have made him discontinue use. We are wondering if a more natural suppliment might be our answer? I have looked into Synaptol and Listol specifically, Are there other recommendations? I am interested in any other advice that might be offered.
    Thank you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 08:08 AM
    I have heard that 'Attend' a new drug on the market (I can't find the ingredients) in a good alternative to ritalin nowadays. It is also used for stress and depression. You might want to look that up and see if it fits.

I hate to say this, and I know you only want the best for your son as a mom, but at 21 he should be looking into his own alternatives and researching different ways of handling his ADD. After all, it is his body and mind.

I am only mentioning this because I used to do this too, until a doctors receptionist would not let me make an appointment for my son when he was even l9. She brought me up short and quite honestly I did bristle thinking, doesn't she have nerve, but then I realized that it was for the best and backed off. It was a good thing, it made him more aware of his medical condition when he had to do all of that himself.

Good luck with this project and I hope you and he find a solution to this disconcerting problem. You may want to consult an holistic physician as well.
    shoe Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 06:24 PM
    I got the stuff for you. MB12 nasal spray with folinic acid. It changed my life. If your son responds to it (most people with his syptoms seem to), it will do the same. It is not that expensive, and it is worth a shot. I began exhibitting ADD symptoms, and this knocked them out in a half hour. I am almost to the point where I can quit taking it. This stuff rocks, and it is only a vitamin!

See the following link.

Diet, methylcobalamin (MB12) Nasal Spray - Autism, ADHD, asthma, eczema, and chronic fatigue recovery videos by Stan Kurtz

Scroll down to #2 Methylcobalamin recovery stories and watch the first video with the picture of the guy hooked up to an EEG. This guy is about your son's age.

Good Luck!

Shoe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LD/ADHD ? Learning Disabilities ? [ 16 Answers ]

My son, aged 11 +, cannot concentrade on his study. A little noise or people talking will distract him.But comes to PC games, he is smart ! If no parent at his side, his writings would be terribly urgy. He sometimes mix up addition and subtraction. He can not sit still, always on the move. ...

High School for a Child with learning disabilities? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a online school were my 27 year old daughter can get here High School Diploma?

Learning disabilities [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My son,age 9 years old seems to have problem doing his schoolwork ,it seems he does not want to study .though he plays around well in computer games .he is of shy nature and does not open up easily.he lacks concentration also .anyone who can help me? v:confused:

Disabilities act [ 2 Answers ]

The Americans with Disabilities Act of ____ requires businesses to provide equal access to individuals with disabilities including Web content and services. a.1990 b.1999 c.2002 d.2004 I have already tried Google search and could not find the answer.

Learning Disabilities [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know when you have a learning disability when you get older

View more questions Search