Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
    George Bush
    I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through
    On TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone.
    Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for
    His country. I'm struggling to be proud that I live hear.
    Quite frankly, I'm down right embarrassed and worried about what he's doing to the US. Can this moron do anything right/good?
    Has he done anything right/good?
    Anyone?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 15, 2007, 07:20 PM
    NO he can't... The only good thing about bush is that his time in office is almost over... I might just throw a big party... yeah that is a really good reason to party...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 07:24 PM
    He appointed some very good Supreme Court Justices.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    NO he can't.... The only good thing about bush is that his time in office is almost over... I might just throw a big party... yeah that is a really good reason to party...
    What a great idea! I'm going to have an Inauguration Party regardless of who wins!
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Myth, That time can't come soon enough for me.
    Who ever takes his place has a lot of honor to restore and a lot of cleaning up to do.
    I hope they're able to, Bush has ran this country into the ground.

What a shame.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Yea, I think a lot of us hate politics. But I think Bush has done a good job keeping the battle in Bahgdad rather than in Birmingham. If people don't believe me, look out your window and smell the coffee. There's a lot of other issues than Iraq and terrorism, neither of which is ever going away, and a lot of those other issues may be things we should have dealt with earlier. I wouldn't want his job. We need to step up as a nation. Like the nation we are. I'm proud and very happy to be American. This is a great and prosperious country! That's a fact! Bush kept a hard line. Because sometimes doing the right thing isn't the easiest.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    He appointed some very good Supreme Court Justices.
    When I said I hate politics, I also meant I know absolutely nothing other than
    What I hear. LOL. (everything bad)

Could you please explain...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Yes, he has nominated two supreme court judges, both are good strict constitional law, not looking to write new law but judge it by strict rules of law.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

The economy is better than it has been in fifteen years, the unemployment rate is at its lowest in many years, the stock market is higher than it has ever been, and people have more money to invest than they have in many years.
    George was elected while this country was in a down spiral, then the events of 9-11 was piled onto his shoulders and I think that he handled the after math of that better than anyone that I know could have. He has kept or country safe from another invasion from the terrorist that want to kill us all. He went to war with Iraq with the understand and the assurance from the former administration the Sadam had weapons of mass destruction and he did what the congress voted on him doing and that was to declare war against Iraq and to get rid of probably the worst dictator since Hitler.
    And now is he not only trying to win the war against terrorist but he is having to fight a war against his own congress, and many of them were the ones that voted on entering the war. Just thank God that the inventor of the internet did not win the election in 2000 when our country had just gone through such a miserable 8 years before that.

God Bless America.
    Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Yea, I think alot of us hate politics. But I think Bush has done a good job keeping the battle in Bahgdad rather than in Birmingham. If people don't believe me, look out your window and smell the coffee. There's a lot of other issues than Iraq and terrorism, neither of which is ever going away, and alot of those other issues may be things we should have dealt with earlier. I wouldn't want his job. We need to step up as a nation. Like the nation we are. I'm proud and very happy to be American. This is a great and prosperious country! That's a fact! Bush kept a hard line. Because sometimes doing the right thing isn't the easiest.
    OK, thank you. This is a pretty positive outlook and point of view.
    Different than what I've heard by accident on news, etc.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    The economy is better than it has been in fifteen years, the unemployment rate is at its lowest in many years, the stock market is higher than it has ever been, and people have more money to invest than they have in many years.
    George was elected while this country was in a down spiral, then the events of 9-11 was piled onto his shoulders and I think that he handled the after math of that better than anyone that I know could have. He has kept or country safe from another invasion from the terrorist that want to kill us all. He went to war with Iraq with the understand and the assurance from the former administration the Sadam had weapons of mass destruction and he did what the congress voted on him doing and that was to declare war against Iraq and to get rid of probably the worst dictator since Hitler.
    And now is he not only trying to win the war against terrorist but he is having to fight a war against his own congress, and many of them were the ones that voted on entering the war. Just thank God that the inventer of the internet did not win the election in 2000 when our country had just gone through such a miserable 8 years before that.

God Bless America.
    Thank you.
    Another positive outlook.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Yes, he has nominated two supreme court judges, both are good strict constitional law, not looking to write new law but judge it by strict rules of law.
    Thanks for explaining.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Liberated Afghanistan: The country had been controlled by a Taliban government so repressive that they destroyed historical artifacts simply because they were deemed offensive. This country has a long and complicated history of interaction with America, and unfortunately we pretty much dumped them after the fall of the Soviet Union when they were of no immediate use to us. Hopefully, we can atone for that sin by continuing to help build a stable government and encouraging a more open society. Given the nature of American electoral cycles, I have no confidence of this whatsoever but I do have hope.

Ended the reign of Saddam Hussein: However history may judge the 16 words, the administration's analysis of intelligence, and the president's judgement in the conduct of this operation; one fact cannot be escaped. The world is a better place without Saddam Hussein in power. He was a destabilizing influence in a region that had no need of less stability. He supported our enemies and his military continued to wrestle with our forces in the course of enforcing the no fly zones which were left from the so-called 'good' Gulf War when Bush the elder put forth a tremendous coalition to oppose Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and did nothing. We were already there and had been there since 1992. The invasion of 2003 was not a new war as much as the proper resolution of the last one. For those of you jumping up and down with glee and talking about how it would be different if the Republicans hadn't stolen the election both times I have three words: Kosovo, Bosnia, and Somalia.

The courts: The nomination of Harriet Miers was a national embarrassment. Ms. Miers is undoubtedly a fine woman but she erred in accepting the nomination just as Bush erred in proferring it. Roberts and Alito were excellent choices, and a number of his apellate court nominees have also been outstanding.

When criminals in this world appear,
    And break the laws that they should fear,
    And frighten all who see or hear,
    The cry goes up both far and near for
    Underdog!

There's no need to fear, Underdog is here. :p
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 02:57 AM
    It could be said that the economy and enployment levels are good simply because the war machine is at work. Weep for your children and the load they will carry with the runaway debt.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2007, 04:57 AM
    First I thought Nixon was the worst. Then came Reagan but the absolute worst we ever had is George W. Bush. As a combat vet I am ashamed of both Bush and Cheny for shirking their military duty. The "chicken hawks" up in Washington, who have never seen a shot fired in anger, are responsible for thousands of needless deaths of our young men in a religious war that we started behind a bunch of lies. How you right wingers can defend this mans actions is beyond me.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Defending the right wingers is easy when the only other option is the Ted Kennedy lead Left Wingers, with the Clintons right behind. And if you think George is bad just wait to see what happens if Hillary is elected.
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Defending the right wingers is easy when the only other option is the Ted Kennedy lead Left Wingers, with the Clintons right behind. And if you think George is bad just wait to see what happens if Hillary is elected.
    And would you be defending the shrub?
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    And would you be defending the shrub?
    I am not necessarily defending George Bush (your so called the shrub) but he is what was elected by the people of this great country. Granted we are in a war that looks bad in every situation and maybe it should have never have happened but at the time the Right as well as the Left thought it was a necessary war one that when won would still give you the right to call the president of The United States of America (the shrub).

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
    "he is what was elected by the people of this great country."
    Oh No! Can't buy that. I'm a Floridian and we remember the shrub was given the election by Katherine Harris. Gore won the popular vote.
    We remembered Harris the next time she ran for office. That's why she is now a private citizen living out on Longboat Key just across Sarasota Bay from my place.
    Now you can stand up and wave a flag for a man that in World War Two we would have called a slacker and a draft dodger. Cheny slithered out from going to VietNam by collage deferments. The shrub escaped by joining the Texas National Guard and then slithered out of that to go work on a reelection campaign. Both are a disgrace to the boys they are sending over to that meat grinder and to those of us who fought for (as you call it) "This Great Country" to say nothing of our boys who come back home in body bags.
    And don't you dare attempt to heavy up on me for my opinion of Bush.
    I paid my dues in World War Two. USN, Amphibs, Beach Battalion. So. Pac. Motor Mac on a LCVP landing craft.
    I lost my big brother and my best school chum in that war. Left them both back in the So. Pac. When I came home.
    I have won the right to call any man that shirks his own military duty, while sending others out to fight, anything I want to.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
    I thank you for your service in the service during World War II and I am sorry for your losses in that war, and I respect your right to say anything about anyone you want to but that does not make me agree with you.
    Your statement about Bush escaping by joining the National Guard, by the way I was a National Guard soldier in the Korean war, I hope you know that the guard is not a safe haven as so many of the boys in Iraq know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

George Bush took YOUR Habeas Corpus rights [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: Recently, the Appeals Court approved the loss of YOUR Habeas Corpus rights. That's right, I said YOURS. Hold on, excon, you say. The habeas corpus rights that were taken away, were taken away from foreigners who are held in foreign prisons. YOU and I, excon, still have OUR habeas...

Bush tv/hello [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this everyone.need help got a new remote for my combi bush TV model 145 does anyone have the remode codes for me please

Bush TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bush TV given to me, and have lost the manual so can not set the channels properly. The model is BUSH 2878 NTXSIL Please can anyone help me? I have set the dvd player to the TV set by scart but can not set my sky to it. The channels do not set for some reason. The arial is perfectly...

View more questions Search