Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmitB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
    L1 visa-How soon can you apply for a green card
    How soon can you apply for a green card after getting an L1 visa approval.Is there a minimum time before we can apply?
    onortega Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitB
    How soon can you apply for a green card after getting an L1 visa approval.Is there a minimum time before we can apply?
    If the relationship between the US company and your foreign employer has existed for more than one (1) year, then you should be able to "appluy for a green card" now. However, you should keep in mind that it is the US employer that must sponsor the green card application. You are unable to self-petition without the cooperation (and signature) of the US employer.
    US Immigration - US Visas - US Business Immigration Lawyers - Home
    AmitB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Hello

I understand that the US employer must petition for the green card,but in my case the US employer is my own US-LLC,of which I am the single-member owner.
    How does it work in this case?

Thanks
    Amit

Quote Originally Posted by onortega
    If the relationship between the US company and your foreign employer has existed for more than one (1) year, then you should be able to "appluy for a green card" now. However, you should keep in mind that it is the US employer that must sponsor the green card application. You are unable to self-petition without the cooperation (and signature) of the US employer.
    onortega Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 03:03 AM
    It works the same as for any other company. Given that you have such basic questions about this rather complex visa category, you should probably be working with an experienced immigration lawyer to make sure you do not make any costly mis-steps.
    Pearl Solutions Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 04:24 PM

Hi amit,

If u have concerned any lawer or u got anyone good laywer to answer you. Please let me know.
    I am also having the same question.

Thanks,
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

May 6, 2009, 06:20 AM

There is not set statutory time as and L-1A before filing the EB-1(3). The USCIS officer looks to see if the US petitioner can show the permanent need for an executive and the ability to pay the wage.

If this can be shown, file now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a student on OPT apply for a Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I have a question. I am on OPT right now. Can I start my Green Card processing right now. Is it advisable to apply for a Green Card or should I wait until I get my H1b visa. Thanks and I appreciate for your replies. :confused:

To apply Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all. Would really appreciate if there is any help. I am on my 2nd year of H-1B and my wife on H-4. Working in Illinois company. I am from Canada. I am going to apply For EB-2 category labor certification from my ave current company. I Have BS in Civil Engineering plus more than 7...

Moving to US from canada on L visa - process of applying for EAD & green card? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, We are currently residing in canada as permanent residents for the past 1-1/2 yr. Recently my wife's company was acquired by a US firm who as a result of their decision to relocate operations to it's US headquarters, extended an offer to the whole operations department to move & relocate to DC...

View more questions Search