Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2012, 07:36 PM
    The Association of Professional Piercers has a great Body Piercing after care resource pamphlets available in english, spanish and French.

Here is what they suggest for Cleaning Solutions:

Use one or both of the following solutions for healing piercings:

• Packaged sterile saline solution with no additives (read the label), or a non-iodized sea salt mixture: Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized (iodine-free) sea salt into one cup (8 oz.) of warm distilled or bottled water. A stronger mixture is not better; a saline solution that is too strong can irritate the piercing.

• A mild, fragrance-free liquid soap—preferably anti-microbial or germicidal.
    *Please Note: Do not take table salt and dissolve it in water. Get saline solution or you need to get non-iodized salt. Table salt normally contains Iodine.

For daily care they suggest:

• WASH your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning or touching your piercing for any reason.

• SALINE soak for five to ten minutes once or more per day. Invert a cup of warm saline solution over the area to form a vacuum. For certain piercings it may be easier to apply using clean gauze or paper towels saturated with saline solution. A brief rinse afterward will remove any residue.

• SOAP no more than once or twice a day. While showering, lather up a pearl size drop of the soap to clean the jewelry and the piercing. Leave the cleanser on the piercing no more than thirty seconds.

• RINSE thoroughly to remove all traces of the soap from the piercing. It is not necessary to rotate the jewelry through the piercing.

• DRY by gently patting with clean, disposable paper products. Cloth towels can harbor bacteria and snag on jewelry, causing injury.
    They have much more piercing information and tips available on their site.
    kaybay214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 01:32 PM
    I use alcohol on mine. It works wonders! I just got mine done about a week agao and the pain is almost completely gone.
    Fascia Tlee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 03:08 PM
    Uhmm with natural salt or with sea salt..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Tongue piercing [ 11 Answers ]

How do I conniving my parents to let me have a tongue piercing?

The first and second industrial revolutions in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any info or links regarding how the first two industrial revolutions affected Canada? I've been looking forever, but can't find anything.

View more questions Search