Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imagocreative Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Bent Retainer?
    I've had my retainer for almost a year (it's the clear plastic type). I wear it every day. I had to put it in my pocket the other day and now I'm wondering it it migh be a little bent because it feels tighter (but maybe I'm just being paranoid!). How easily do these things get bent? I called my ortho but he wants to charge me $50 to take a look at it! And $120 for a new one :(

Thanks
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Retainers can bend very easily - you should never put one in your pocket. You probably won't need a new one, the orthodontist will just have to adjust it with pliers so it's comfortable again.
    KitkatNom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 04:00 PM
    I don't know how it is where you live, but asuming it's the same as in the UK, they don't get bent that easiy although I sort of squashed mine 'cause it fell between the sofa and then put the foot rest thing up. I'd say that putting it in your pocket would be okay but if it does feel tight then it's probably worth the ortho looking at it because think of what you went through to get to that stage.
    $120 is lucky, I got to pay £140 which is like over $200 since I kind of bent mine haha. Gl, Jess.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 07:15 AM
    KitKat... this original post is 3.5yrs old. Please check post date before replying. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool wall bent in [ 1 Answers ]

I thinking of getting a used 18x4 pool that's been standing for years and the wall has fell in half way and the part that's standing the wall gone inward, anyway is the pool useable?

Should I have to pay for another retainer? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my braces off since November of 2006. I have had a retainer ever since. Today (June 4, 2007) I went for a retainer check at the orthodontist. My lower right lateral (number 26 tooth, the front, bottom 2 over) has moved a little bit inward. It is noticeably out of line from the others. I...

Bent turbine [ 2 Answers ]

What if you clean the air filter regularly? Can it happen from when the rod was replaced? The oil started leaking from the turbo base right after the initial repair of the worn out rod that caused the oil to originally leak. Then there was a vibration noise for about six months that continually...

Bent copper tubing riser [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. We had a toilet leak in our upstairs bathroom. We've had a couple of plumbers out over the past couple of years to deal with the problem, but their work didn't fix the problem. As a result, our linoleum discolored and the floor got weak. We spent the day yesterday pulling up the...

Replacing a Bent Flange [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, we are completely remodeling our bathroom and are almost to the steps of installing the new toilet. When we test fit it to make sure there would be enough space between it and the vanity, the toilet rocked pretty badly. We did not have a wax ring underneath when we test fit it, but upon...

View more questions Search