Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiara Reen Richardson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Lost soul
    Hi my name is lamocha I'm from clark county Ohio and I was put up for adoption when I was only 3 days old and all I now is that my birth mother had me at the age of 13 and gave me the name (Tiara Reen Richardson). I love my life now but I want to meet my real mother and father. I was only 17 when I found out that I was adopted I was born 09-29-1989.today I try my best to keep my head up and move on w/ my life but I can't because there is a hole in my heart where my birth parents go. My mother now is the best she has always been there when I needed her. Mom and dad if you are out there I just want you to know that I have never stop loving you...

LOVE ALWAYS lamocha
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiara Reen Richardson
    hi my name is lamocha i'm from clark county ohio and i was put up for adoption when i was only 3 days old and all i now is that my birth mother had me at the age of 13 and gave me the name (Tiara Reen Richardson). i love my life now but i want to meet my real mother and father. i was only 17 when i found out that i was adopted i was born 09-29-1989.today i try my best to keep my head up and move on w/ my life but i can't b/c there is a hole in my heart where my birth parents go. my mother now is the best she has always been there when i needed her. mom and dad if you are out there i just want u to know that i have never stop loving you...

LOVE ALWAYS lamocha
    I'm adopted. I found out when I was about 5 year old. I have a picture of my birthmother but not of my birthfather. All I know is that she was 19 when she had me. She wasntt able to take care of me. I was 30 hours old when I got adopted. I want to meet my birthmother soon but the agency won't let me till I'm 18... idk what 2 do. I feel the same way. My heart is broken. I want to meet them
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 01:03 PM
    "keep your head up" " can't move on with hole in your heart"

For heavens sake, you are adopted so are 1000's of others, you have parents, the onces that adopted you and raised you.

You have some sperm donors that had nothing to do with raising you and are stangers. You go on because most likely you will never find them, and if you do what is it you are wanting to fill, You fill any hole with your adopted parents who are the only parents you or any adopted child needs.
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
    i think about my birthparents alot but i know that the parents that i have now are able to take care of me. my birthfather ran away when he found out that he got my birthmother pregnat. they had to find him to sign the papers of my adoption. but if i was with my birthmother right now i would be living on the streets. i dont think she ever went to college. cause when she had me she missed a year of school & had to repeat senior year. these parents now that i have are wonderful. i love them. my father actually passed away 2 eyars ago. my hear broke then. & its still broken
    Paragraphein Posts: 6, Reputation: 7

Jun 21, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Rockstar,

I'm so sorry.

It is okay to search.

I am sure you love your parents very much. Please don't feel like you have to justify yourself. I understand about the hole, though, because I have it from the opposite angle... my hole is for my daughter, whom I relinquished for adoption. I have another child that I parent, but she does not fill the hole of my first daughter. People aren't interchangeable... it's not a generic parent-shaped hole you're feeling, it's a specific hole for specific people. So yeah, it makes sense that you wonder.

Do you know about the International Soundex Reunion Registry? I believe you have to be 18 to sign up, but that's in a few months, correct? Basically it's a registry where biological parents and adoptees can sign up. Once you sign up, if there's a match between the info you provide the info a bio parent has provided, the registry will alert you and you can find out if that person is your bio parent.

Good luck with your search. What state are you in, by the way? A few states now have open records laws... if you're in one of those few, you might be able to get your original birth certificate, which should have at least your bio mom's full name on it.

Nicole
    caz78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 03:37 AM
    hi my name is lamocha i'm from clark county ohio and i was put up for adoption when i was only 3 days old and all i now is that my birth mother had me at the age of 13 and gave me the name (Tiara Reen Richardson). i love my life now but i want to meet my real mother and father. i was only 17 when i found out that i was adopted i was born 09-29-1989.today i try my best to keep my head up and move on w/ my life but i can't b/c there is a hole in my heart where my birth parents go. my mother now is the best she has always been there when i needed her. mom and dad if you are out there i just want u to know that i have never stop loving you...

LOVE ALWAYS lamocha
    I am an adoptee. I am 39 and I searched for a lifetime for anything that would tell me something. In the end, my mother was found. She did not wish to have any contact with me. It broke my heart, for a moment or a hundred. In the end what I realized was that it didn't matter who she was, it mattered more who I had become. I wish you luck in your search, but remember, no matter how it turns out; Only you can be you. Your parents now CHOSE you other parents get stuck with whatever they get. (that was supposed to make you smile). Heads up.
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 19, 2007, 11:58 AM
    I'm so sorry you don't know who your parents are. I don't either and it makes me sad sometimes. I always wonder if I have siblings out there somewhere. I don't know what the laws are where you live, but you might want to talk to an attorney and find out. There are a lot of websites online for people who are looking for their birthparents and vice-versa. Just be careful- don't give out too much personal info to them and always check out the website first. I hope you find your parents someday and are able to have a good relationship with them. If you don't, remember that they must have loved you very much in order to give you up for adoption, hoping you would have a better life. My heart goes out to you. Good luck and God Bless You!
    acoston Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 06:33 PM
    I was adopted at 2 days old and knew my whole life. I don't care what people say... there is definitely a hole or an empty spot adoptees have! Fortunately I was able to meet my birth parents. But even then, that hole was still not filled. I have great relationships with both of them, but in the end I had to sit myself down and tell myself that no matter where I came from, no matter who raised me, I am my own person and I have to love myself no matter whose daughter I am.
    It is OK to search, unfortnately you either have to do so with your parents permission or when you are 18. You do sound like you have a good grip on being adopted and you do sound happy with your parents, but like I said, that doesn't mean you still don't have questions.
    missjenni Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:40 PM

LOVE ALWAYS lamocha

Contact the birth records department in the chambers of commerce from the city you were born in.
    I'm looking for my bio grandparents from Arizona, and I was told that I need to hire someone from Confidential Immediatary Program.
    Just contact the Chambers of Commerce and they will point you in the right direction. The unfortunate thing, is that Arizona does not have public record. Your state might have public record and will be easier to obtain information.
    Good luck to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soul mate or many? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to no iwhat people's thoughts are on the idea of a soul mate? Do you think that there is only one true love out there for us or do you think that there can be love found everywhere?:confused:

Soul Mates? [ 9 Answers ]

If 2 people believe they are meant for one another and this is a strong feeling they both share. Do you think they can make it through any challenge with one another? We have experienced so much turbulence and seem to manage through it. Now I am afraid we at our biggest challenge. I do believe...

I really need to set my soul up [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am a 18 years old girl, and I believe that I am that kind of girls who are good at choosing the wrong man,; even I have never had a boyfriend before, because I show them that expression that I am not interested in relatiohsips. There is a guy in the university who I noticed that...

A very confused soul.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'll try& make this as brief & straight to the point as possible... im in a 3 year relationship w/a man I love very,very much! BUT,. >>there's a lot of things that haven't been right from the word "GO"... in the very 1st few weeks of our relationship he & I weren't really "committed" @ this...

Soul mates? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all! I am just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about soul mates and past life connections. Me and my ex boyf split up in June and since that I have had a few psychic readings and a lot of them have told me that they feel that we are soul mates and that we were connected in many...

View more questions Search