Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azshark1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2005, 08:25 AM
    Bills to wrong address/collections
    I received some medical care while in Arizona, and apparently they used a device on me that was purchased from another company that I was responsible for. I moved to another state shortly after.

Yesterday I noticed that I have a mark on my credit report for the debt placed for collection. I called the collection agency, and they refused to give me anything about the debt (although I assume it is for the medical device) because I had exceeded the 30-day limit. They told me the address they had sent it to, which had some digits transposed. In addition, they failed to update to my new address (because I never knew I was conducting business with them, I could not have told them about my new address).
    I had received one bill from the original company 6 months after they sent it and send payment, but apparently they had refused it because it had already been sent to collections.

The collection agency says they will never remove the mark from my credit, and will fight any attempt I make to have it appealed. They made the mistake, not me. I paid the bill as soon as I knew it was due. They refuse to send any info about what the debt was for or proof of the incorrect address they sent it to so I can send it with an appeal. What can I do to fix my otherwise perfect credit?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2005, 07:09 AM
    First, never call them on the phone, have them put it in writing. Also all contact with you to be done in writing. They will trick you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Because collections [ 2 Answers ]

What is the longest that a debt collector has to collect on a loan in BC? What kinds of bearing does the statute of limitations have on this?

Collections [ 1 Answers ]

What is the main difference between associative arrays and nested tables How to choose in pl/sql program Satya:)

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Collections [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Utah. I have a hospital debt that is large enough that I cannot pay what the hospital wants me to pay each month and they have advised me that it will go to a collection agency. My Question is: "If i make the monthly payments i can afford to the collection agency, can they still...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search