Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmanero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2005, 07:00 AM
    Network printer share problem
    This is my problem. Have a win NT 4.0 network. Working on migrating windows 2003 server network. Have upgraded 2 computer workstations from win 98 to XP pro. Everything went fine. One machine that was upgraded to XP uses a dos based program installed on the NT server which is shared. It is ACCPAC for accounting. After upgrade to XP. Set ACCpac to compatibility mode win 98 me. Did Net use command to point to shared printer and was printing fine. Then all of a sudden lost ability to print to share printer(HP printer hooked up to an external HP Jetdirect interface, parallel connection to ethernet Also the win 98 machine can't print now to the share printer. I brought up printer and tried to do a test print and it won't. Reboot server and workstations, deleted printer on workstations and reinstalled. Sees printer share but won't print. I know that this has to be a share problem but don't know where to go from here.
    Keith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2005, 03:50 AM
    Does it print from any PC? Can you try pressing the test button (should be on the jetdirect box). Then check to make sure the information is correct and that there is no alerts on it (e.g. no cable).

Also, do you want to print from DOS or just windows environment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

Trying to share a printer over home wifi [ 16 Answers ]

Hi Guys and gals, I have a new work laptop that I bring home. I can access my home wireless network to use the internet but I can't see the printer on the base station (home desktop that is always on). - the printer on the desktop is indeed shared - the computers are in different workgroups...

Network access to one shared printer has failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a windows network. Computers are Win98SE #1, Win98SE #2, XPsr2 #1 and XP sr2#2. I have USB printers attached to 98SE #1 and XPsr2 #1. Printers are shared. System in place for approx. 2yrs and has worked fine. About 3 weeks ago XPsr2 #1 had difficulty accessing the printer on Win98Se #1....

How do I move files and share printer when networking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dell desktop as my main computer and a dell laptop, (wireless) as second computer, I installed a Linksys broadband wireless router and I'm able to share the internet connection, but I don't understand how to share files or move them between the two, also need to share the printer and...

Need help to share files and printer through Network [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have networked two home computers together and am now having a problem with the sharing of the printer and files. On the first computer (main), I am running Windows XP with a wireless-B Broadband Router and on the secondary computer, I am running Windows 98SE with a wireless USB adapter....

View more questions Search