Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Metamorphosis of a candidate
    We've all heard how "George Bush's war" changed from WMD's to whatever it's said to be now, how Romney and Giuliani have switched their views on certain social issues, but what about Hillary?

It wasn't that long ago that Hillary was standing by her vote on the Iraq war, that she did what she thought was right at the time. That won't do if she wants to please the Democrat base, so her position has been evolving. Her positions have been:

"Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

That the only way to avoid war was for Saddam to disarm, and "I have absolutely no belief that he will."

That Saddam would "continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

In the first debate she said that "if I knew then what I now know, I would not have voted that way" (to authorize the war).

By the second debate her vote was really a vote for "coercive diplomacy."

Hillary won't say whether she read the NIE report on Iraq before she voted. I'm wondering if she even bothered to read the title of the Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq , not to mention the text of the resolution?

The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and

(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.
    Yep, sounds like a vote for "coercive diplomacy" to me. By the way, if you've never read the resolution now might be a good time... it was never all about WMD's.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Did you get this stuff from HillaryHub ? (a look into the future when she controls news content)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    did you get this stuff from HillaryHub ? (a look into the future when she controls news content)
    HillaryHub? Thanks tom, I could have done without the image of "all Hillary, all the time."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I A Candidate? [ 26 Answers ]

Don't laugh. I would like to know if I can learn some lite forms of martial arts for self-defense. I think this way because I do not always have a gun handy. I do carry a bat ( short bat ) in my car though. However, I am interested in a one on one Scenario. The funny part is that I will be 54...

View more questions Search