Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Breakthrough Bleeding
    I just started birth control on May 29. I noticed bleeding on Tuesday (June 12) and was told by my doctor that it is breakthrough bleeding and not an early cycle like I thought it might have been (it's due next at the end of next week). I was also told that this bleeding should only last a couple of days. This is the third day and I seem to be bleeding more and not less. Before I bug my doctor about this, is this normal and how long should I wait for it to stop before I call my doctor again?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 10:05 AM
    This could be very normal for you. It may take a few months for your body to regulate to the new hormone levels. Understand that the info he gave you (couple of days, etc) is generic info and differs from woman to woman.

It may also be possible that this particular pill is not right for you and your prescription needs to be adjusted. If it is not over by, say day 4, contact your doctor.
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Thank you. First, she said that it would take my body three months to adjust and it has worked to reduce my PMS symptoms (I'm taking it because my PMS is out of control, not to avoid pregnancy). Second, I know "couple of days" is generic, I was just wondering how many is a "couple" lol. So what you're saying means that if it doesn't stop by tomorrow, I should call her. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

For 3 months now I have been spotting on and off. Usually a pantiliner is all I need to use. The bleeding seems to be getting worse though (bleeding everyday now and heavier) with cramping and back pain everyday for the last week. I was seen by a doctor a month ago and all seems fine--no cyst,...

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Im bleeding.. and im pregnant.. i have not been to the doctor yet?? I was on the shot.. :confused:

Breakthrough Bleeding on Seasonale. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: I recently switched from Ortho Lo to Seasonale. This is my first time on Seasonale. I'm 7 days into my second month on Seasonale. The last week of the first month, I started to breakthrough bleed (super light). I believe its been about 10 days of...

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search